Can you bring roller coolers on HAL?

BengelaCruisers

:D My idea of camping is no night turn down service. ;)

Camping is great for those who love it and not so great for folks like me who are not fond of those conditions. :)

I'm the same way. How can you call something a vacation when you have to cook and you are dirty.....yuk:D! I'm talking real camping here, not going in a motor home to a parking lot.

I'm the same way. How can you call something a vacation when you have to cook and you are dirty.....yuk:D! I'm talking real camping here, not going in a motor home to a parking lot.

A bit of thread drift here, but ahhhhh.....you don't know what you are missing:).....yes, it can be lots of work and there is dirt...and you can cook as much or as little as you want/need. That's the beauty of it....for me, anyway....once our camp (ok, we have a lovely trailer....but no parks for us...have ours outfitted to go d-e-e-p into the woods) is all set-up, the beer is ice-cold in the fridge......staring out on a peaceful, secluded lake.....it's kinda like cruising (the relaxation, do nothing part) except it's far more peaceful....no neighbors to drive you crazy, no noise....no nothing!

:)I think you either love it, or can't imagine it, but for us, it's a real treat. Just like a cruise can be;)

for once, we are driving to our port and want to bring a roller cooler on board to put on our balcony with us.

Does hal have any restrictions on bringing coolers? Any size restrictions while going thru port security?

this is the very reason holland america will very soon stop any beverage being brought onboard wine whatever.

A bit of thread drift here, but ahhhhh.....you don't know what you are missing:).....yes, it can be lots of work and there is dirt...and you can cook as much or as little as you want/need. That's the beauty of it....for me, anyway....once our camp (ok, we have a lovely trailer....but no parks for us...have ours outfitted to go d-e-e-p into the woods) is all set-up, the beer is ice-cold in the fridge......staring out on a peaceful, secluded lake.....it's kinda like cruising (the relaxation, do nothing part) except it's far more peaceful....no neighbors to drive you crazy, no noise....no nothing!

:)I think you either love it, or can't imagine it, but for us, it's a real treat. Just like a cruise can be;)

I don't like beer either so that's probably part of my problem:D;). Food....that half the fun of a vaycay.

Our "world famous rollin' cooler" is coming with us. A rolling cooler is not that large, in fact ours looks like a carry-on and has traveled alot, including being checked baggage.

If it is too large to fit though a scanner I would check it.

For us we're packing it with diet Mt Dew (which HAL usually doesn't have) Diet Pepsi and Perrier--which I drink like water.

You can use it as an extra table on your veranda.

Hi Mountainmare -

What a great idea - Can you please share the details of your cooler. Brand, size, etc...

Also are you able to bring that into ports - like if you are going to the beach on your own?

Thank you!!

Archived