Typing to you from the Magic

PenguinLife

As I lay here on the bed in our cove balcony cabin using my last bit of free wifi (thanks to tethering to the data plan on my android phone) I wanted to say boarding went smoother than I have ever seen it in Galveston, we arrived at the port at 10:25 am, unloaded our bags with a porter, drove across the street to Galveston ParkNCruise walked back from the car, no lines to speak of inside maybe 1 minute wait max, lots of new xray bag scanners, so we were onboard by 11:00 am. Booked a behind the fun tour when the shore excursion desk opened at 11:30 am, 5 other people were there to book while I was. Everything seems good onboard, no horror stories yet, food on the lido deck was typical, they had Football playing on the big screen by the pool, crew seems nice, had to go get dining assignments changed (moved to closer dining room, we are the front most cove balcony and they had us in the aft MDR). Anyway I better go get started on the vacation.

Ike

p.s. crew all seems nice so far, although you can tell English is not the first language for most, including whoever is doing the PA announcements

When your on the tour ask the Engineer if they are having trouble with one of the six diesel engines. Ask why they are powering down at night - i.e. the A/C goes off during the wee hours.

Enjoy the cruise. There is a lot to explore.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

We'll be getting on when you return so thanks a bunch for the boarding times. Other ships in Galveston usually start boarding at 11:30am so I was really wondering what time this bigger ship starts. Now I know what time to arrive so as to not delay the start of my vacation any more than we have to :)

I am online over the ships internet connection now, much faster than previous cruises, may just be low demand, we left port about an hour ago. They had a special if you bought internet time today, always a special going on. For the boarding time question we arrived at the port at about 10:25, and there were already a number of people onboard when we walked aboard at 11:00, so I don't know when they started boarding, however there were lots of people from the previous cruise still loading up when we dropped off our bags. Enough typing now at $.37 per minute.

ps thanks for all the good wishes

can someone tell me more about the behind the fun tour.....We board next Sunday on the Magic and would love to do this....Cost and when and where to book?

Thank In Advance!!

generally, it costs $95 and you book at the excursions desk if I'm not mistaken, as soon as you board. There are only so many slots available.

Archived