What do you think of Carnival COFFEE?

ladydoc1992

Waaaayy Too Strong, awful, nearly undrinkable, yuck, pfhatt, and bleuwy. Sure hope the beards hurry up and make "huge" improvements. I cruise on Spirit in April. A 2 week cruise, so half decent coffee is important.

I drink decaf and like several cups early in am. Most of decaf early am is left from night before--ugh!!!

Have now been getting room service in am not as bad

MDR is OK

I saw a thread some time back about the coffee on Carnival ships...some pros and lots of cons from the more serious coffee drinkers.For those of you who want really high quality coffee, I agree it's hard to find on Carnival, unless you purchase by the cup at the coffee speciality shop on board. Kinda pricey, if you drink a lot of coffee.

And no, Carnival will not let you bring your own coffeemaker , cause it's electric. Safety reasons.

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

Melitta has come out with a nifty new product called 'Single Cup Coffee Brewer' . It is not electric..it is a plastic drip funnel that holds a cone shaped coffee filter, and it fits on top of any coffee cup or travel mug.

You put your own coffee in it and hot water and it slow drips a perfect mug of coffee!

All the Carnival ships have hot water dispensers for making hot tea.

Sooo...if you bring your own bagged premium coffee and the Melita Single Cup Coffee Brewer, and the ship has the hot water, sugar and creamer,

Voila!! perfect coffee just like you would make at home!

And the best part of this story is.....

it costs $3!!!

sounds nasty.

i just add more sugar or flavoring when i find a bad cup of coffee.

I might try that. I have been bringing folgers instant and ordering water from room service cuz instant tastes much better than lido. That is very sad. I hope they hurry and change the coffee per John Healds blog cuz I have a cruise booked in February and April and would be nice to have a decent cup of joe.

Not so good..Just off the Liberty for thanskgiving although the MDR wasn't awful just not great...I 2nd my Keurig :)

Although the topic got enough attention according to JH that the Beards have been really discussing it and on one of the ships they had a coffee Tasting with different Brands..So maybe they will be changing it...lol those cruising in early 2012 let us know :)

Here in Ohio, there is a food service company named Sanese that, among other things, takes care of vending machines in hospitals and other locations. Their vending machine coffee is the absolute worst! Compared to Sanese's vending machine coffee, most everything else tastes like gourmet coffee. Unless you're super picky, Carnival's coffee is really not that bad. Starbuck's is way too strong for me, but I'm surprised that since it is so popular, why it isn't served on the ships. But then, those of us that drink Folger's (or Maxwell House) would want our brand served. Guess you can't please everyone.

Same here. I either make instant or mix it with half cup of hot water to thin it out a little. Way too strong for my taste and not very good flavor.

Strange how Carnival did not realize up to now that most of the world thought their coffee was awful.

[quote name='Ladysilver']Well, after reading through this entire thread, I have to say I'm pretty worried about the quality of the coffee on the Triumph when I sail in January. I'm a big time coffee drinker! :confused:[/QUOTE]

It's not the worst coffee I've ever had, but you will enjoy the specialty coffees. They are not too expensive, and yummy!

Archived