Did Carnival sponsor a Meet and Mingle on your sailing?

sunsetme

We were on the Conquest last week (Dec 4th sailing) and had all agreed on our CC Roll Call to meet at the Sky Bar at sail away which many of us did. We found a Cruise Critic meeting on the 2nd day's Fun Times. Some attempted to attend but had difficulties finding it. It would have been great to have known ahead of time that Carnival had one planned. We all just didn't know.

On a side note, our Roll Call group also planned a poker crawl, 7 cabins/stops and 29 folks, and had an absolute blast (big thanks to Brenda & Donna for organizing!) Meeting these new friends just absolutely made our cruise for most of us! :):):) Meet & Greets ROCK! Thank you CC!

And multiplying...don't ya H8 when that happens;):p

At our M and G on Miracle last week we had Malcolm the CD and Captain Lubrano come and hang with us for an hour, so much fun!! We didn't do anything pre-paid either as we were a small group but we had dry snacks and bar service AND music, we appreciated it!! What the other poster said about contacting Mach is correct, he is a friend of John's and will help with arrangements whenever he can.

And CCL has no dislike for CC at all, it's just some supposed CC haters that like to promote nonsense even while they can't stay away from CC for an hour;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLfx4MfUkuZbNQRymaCQLiJK1bBPeUvyYlRbynCyqwh04A8hQmmw

... but they do make me laugh at the lengths they will go to get here..

Guest LoveMyBoxer
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLfx4MfUkuZbNQRymaCQLiJK1bBPeUvyYlRbynCyqwh04A8hQmmw

... but they do make me laugh at the lengths they will go to get here..

LOL!!!! CC complainers don't need any help from anyone to make themselves look bad! I've seen staff on different cruise lines cringe when someone mentions cc!

John Heald does not like Cruise Critic. He refuses to post anything about them now. Magic Captain will never go to another Cruise Critic function because some acted up and made fools of themselves. Just sayin

I was at the M&G on the magic TA and didn't hear anything about this.

I did hear that some people on the roll call didn't like it that certain people were setting things up and complained about everything they did such as the slot pull etc. and trying to make the CC group look bad. The captain saw right through them though and said there are always a few bad apples in the barrel.

Some of the staff will go to some of these things if there is a big group. I could care less if they are there or not. Just want to meet people that are on the cruise that might have the same intrests that I have.

I did hear that some people on the roll call didn't like it that certain people were setting things up and complained about everything they did such as the slot pull etc. and trying to make the CC group look bad. The captain saw right through them though and said there are always a few bad apples in the barrel.

Some of the staff will go to some of these things if there is a big group. I could care less if they are there or not. Just want to meet people that are on the cruise that might have the same intrests that I have.

Soo glad to hear your first person version of what happened on the Magic T.A.

Doubt it will stop some from telling how it turned into brawl between to warring CC gangs.:eek:

I was also at the M&g and have been trying to ignore all the tall tales that some disgruntled people have been spreading. We met some great people there and will be cruising with them again.We had a great time on the TA inspite of the few bad apples.

I was also at the M&g and have been trying to ignore all the tall tales that some disgruntled people have been spreading. We met some great people there and will be cruising with them again.We had a great time on the TA inspite of the few bad apples.

would love to hear your version of why the captain and the cd walked out, vowing never to return to one again.

would love to hear your version of why the captain and the cd walked out, vowing never to return to one again.

Maybe you should ask who told JH this.

How do you know whether they were possibly upset with only one person and made a generalization about the wholw group. Some close friends of mine had many conversations with the captain and James during the cruise and there was never a problem. Unless you were there and a part of the conversation you are only making assumptions.

Maybe you should ask who told JH this.

How do you know whether they were possibly upset with only one person and made a generalization about the wholw group. Some close friends of mine had many conversations with the captain and James during the cruise and there was never a problem. Unless you were there and a part of the conversation you are only making assumptions.

don't have to. he said who told him right on the same post.

and there's been no assumptions. it been all first hand eyewitness postings.

John Heald

Someone just sent me a link on Cruise Critic and I am probably an idiot for responding to it but I have to state something. I do not hate Cruise Critic and I am,repeat am still arranging meet and greets and if anyone wants me to do so please let me know. I am currently arranging 5 different ones and am happy to keep doing so. The report about in group arguing at the Cruise Critic meet and greet on the Carnival Magic TA was not a fabrication by me as i was accused of stating and the reports came directly from the Captain and Cruise Director who witnessed it and were extremely embarrassed. Apparently I am being accused of making this up. I am so bored with this and the only reason I am replying to this is because I want the many good people over there to know I will help arrange meet and greets. Some people over there seem hell bent on trying to make me out as a bad person........I'm not.....I'm fat and ugly and today I have an arse like a chewed orange thanks to a curry last night but honestly CC people, I'm not a bad person.I just want to help and make sure I offer as much customer service as possible. Please let me know if I can arrange your meet and greet and my best to you all

Like · · Share · 7 minutes ago

I was also at the CC M&G and never heard a negative comment from any of the ship's officers or CD.

We had a very large Roll Call (over 300) and yes there were some personality problems with some people, and yes there were people complaining about the organization of some activities (but those complainers NEVER offered to help). And YES I was the target of many complaints and problems (and I am still to this day), including physicals threats. This was my first roll call and if it wasn't for the fantastic people I met, I would never join another.

There were NONE CC members that tried to draw John into a conflict by stirring up trouble, but that was quickly settled as far as I know. Now if John would stop bringing it up the subject might die.

I am just really tired of the fictional stories of some writers about how mean the CC members are and the big one about people being removed from the M&G. Most of the CC people I met were really nice and as for the rest, my parents taught me if I didn't have something nice to say about someone, to not say anything at all. And I only know of one person asked to leave a M&G and that person is NOT a CC member.

I was also at the CC M&G and never heard a negative comment from any of the ship's officers or CD.

We had a very large Roll Call (over 300) and yes there were some personality problems with some people, and yes there were people complaining about the organization of some activities (but those complainers NEVER offered to help). And YES I was the target of many complaints and problems (and I am still to this day), including physicals threats. This was my first roll call and if it wasn't for the fantastic people I met, I would never join another.

There were NONE CC members that tried to draw John into a conflict by stirring up trouble, but that was quickly settled as far as I know. Now if John would stop bringing it up the subject might die.

I am just really tired of the fictional stories of some writers about how mean the CC members are and the big one about people being removed from the M&G. Most of the CC people I met were really nice and as for the rest, my parents taught me if I didn't have something nice to say about someone, to not say anything at all. And I only know of one person asked to leave a M&G and that person is NOT a CC member.

how embarrrasing posting this without reading john healds comments first.

i'm sorry, but is cc a club or something. anyone can join, right?

Ain't going to happen. I really like Heald's blog but don't care what he says, he has a problem with CC.

He loves CC issues like tis. Whether it was a big issue or a very small one doesn't matter. If has a chance to make CC members look foolish, he will take it.

It's like he views CC as a second mistress for the affections of Carnival cruisers. He seems jealous sharing their attention.

how embarrassing posting this without reading john Heald's comments first.

I'm sorry, but is cc a club or something. anyone can join, right?

Are you joking? You are telling an actual witness to the events that they should be embarrassed for commenting on an issue that they saw?

You are saying that something Heald got secondhand is the truth" not a person who was actually there?

Somebody should be embarrassed.:eek:

You would be amazed at what RCL did for our CC Meet & Mingle. Wow!

It was incredible. Lots of food, drinks (non-alcoholic), gifts, door prizes, and staff and photographer to run things.

Wow, wow, wow.

And that is the sort of thing that makes RCL CC members very loyal.

Whatever CCL does is nothing compared to what RCL does for CC M&M's.

Doing for customers is just good business. Doesn't hurt the bottom line.

Exactly!

RCLs relationship with CC is commercial in nature. Royal doesn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

how embarrrasing posting this without reading john healds comments first.

i'm sorry, but is cc a club or something. anyone can join, right?

If I post the details I will get another "shame on you" email.

And yes anyone can join and be a member as long as they follow the rules.

We did have several people come to the 2nd M&G that were not on CC and ask if they could sit in and learn about CC. We welcomed them and I do hope that JH's posts do not keep them away.

Are you joking? You are telling an actual witness to the events that they should be embarrassed for commenting on an issue that they saw?

You are saying that something Heald got secondhand is the truth" not a person who was actually there?

Somebody should be embarrassed.:eek:

no. he is saying he didn't see it, as if that meant it didn't happen.

he, btw, was already called out to be the offending party, making threats to other members on more than one occasion (being he has provided his name in his siggy :rolleyes:), but that's a thread for another day.

Archived