AI in Belize

hckyfan68

Hello all,

I'm sure there is a post here about this, but I thought I would just ask...

DW and I are on a Western Caribbean next November sailing on the CCL Dream, and I/m looking for a good AI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for helping me on this.

Your best bet here for anything close to an AI is to do Carnival's beach break excursion. At one time it went to Bannister Island. May now go to Geoff's Caye. Either are small cayes where the tour provider sets up a small bar and loungers and some snorkeling amenities. On the Dream western, your better ports for AIs are Cozumel (Nachi Cocum) and Costa Maya(Maya Chan, Nohoch Kay, both private, or Uvero Beach, ship excursion). do other things in Roatan and Belize.

Somebody knows of an AI in S.Pedro or CK?

If you read Wade the Gringo's post, you can make any beach spot in San Pedro or Caye Caulker an "A.I" cheaper on your own and as cheaply as any A.I> in other ports.

Given the necessity and expense to travel to either of these spots, your time on the beach will be limited by the time of your ship's last tender, variance between ship time and Belize time and the transportation schedule (water taxi to C.C. or water taxi/plane to Ambergris Caye). So you're best doing these on your own without feeling "cheated" on the fixed price you paid versus time spent at the beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Your best bet here for anything close to an AI is to do Carnival's beach break excursion. At one time it went to Bannister Island. May now go to Geoff's Caye. Either are small cayes where the tour provider sets up a small bar and loungers and some snorkeling amenities. On the Dream western, your better ports for AIs are Cozumel (Nachi Cocum) and Costa Maya(Maya Chan, Nohoch Kay, both private, or Uvero Beach, ship excursion). do other things in Roatan and Belize.

I am definitely not a big fan of Carnival Beach Breaks....really never heard something good. Seems more like crowded places with low quality food and drinks by high priced...not sure about this place however...got any pics??

Archived