Princess Shuttle from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal?

jresmith

My husband and I are on the April 29, 2012 sailing of the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. One of our stops is in New York and we will be docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. From what I've read, there's not a lot of public transportation available in that area and cabs don't like to come out there. Does anyone know if Princess offers a shuttle from the terminal to Battery Park or any other place, for that matter. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Ellis Island from BCT.

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer Smith

My husband and I are on the April 29, 2012 sailing of the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. One of our stops is in New York and we will be docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. From what I've read, there's not a lot of public transportation available in that area and cabs don't like to come out there. Does anyone know if Princess offers a shuttle from the terminal to Battery Park or any other place, for that matter. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Ellis Island from BCT.

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer Smith

There are several shore excursions in NYC for your cruise from San Juan to Southampton that are available which may work for you.

Also based on my experience on the Crown in October, ships that are in-transit go to Mahattan's pier & embarkations are from Brooklyn. That roll call had differing opinions on which port we'd dock at but the info from the port authority was accurate & not always accurate from Princess customer service reps who don't really know the correct answer. So if you're like our ship, being in Manhattan will be much more centrally located to those locations & they do have a great public transportation system.

The NY Cruise Terminal schedule shows the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS will be in Brooklyn on May 3.

The closest public transportation is the B-61 bus. You can use this to reach a subway line in downtown Brooklyn (Jay Street/Boro Hall), but I wouldn't recommend this option unless you are already familiar with Brooklyn.

The patter will list shuttle options, if any exist.

We were at Brooklyn and took the bus and subway. There is a small store where you can buy a day pass. There are some people at the terminal who can tell you where, but it was a madhouse. I heard a passenger who just got the info and just followed him. The bus driver will tell you where to get off to catch the subway. I did some asking of others to find the right line and the right stop. People were very helpful. Coming back was it was a little harder to find where to get the bus, but again I just asked a few people and found one who directed me to the main area where lots of buses stop and there was the Redhook bus.

The NY Cruise Terminal schedule shows the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS will be in Brooklyn on May 3.

Thanks, I should have checked the schedule 1st to learn which port. In October the Caribbean was in Brooklyn embarking new passengers so that may be why the in-transit Crown went to Manhattan. It sure was convenient to walk across Manhattan from the pier..

Thanks for the information. It would have been perfect if we docked in Manhattan, but guess that is not the case. And since we have a tendency to get lost in big cities, it would probably not be a good idea for us to take the bus to the subway, etc. Guess we will wait and see if Princess offers shuttle service anywhere and if not, will probably take a taxi or hire a car service and see if anyone wants to join us.

Thanks again!

Jennifer

Hi,

There are always cabs around the terminal. I live in Manhattan and have docked in Brooklyn many times and have taken cabs or car services. Even if there was a subway there, bags make it impossible.

Try this Car Service located in Brooklyn, you will have to google it to get the phone number: Arecibo Car Service, the spelling may be off. Just put in brooklyn car services and the name should show up. They are very reasonable.

synet165

Archived