Port of Miami Hertz Car Rental

VoodooDali

I have a reservation with Hertz Downtown Miami, which according to Mapquest is located 1.6 miles away from the port. Has anyone used Hertz here? Do they have a shuttle from the port to their office or will I need to take a cab? I'm going to try to call them tomorrow, but was hoping someone here would know.

Why in the world are you using hertz? They probably are the highest priced in town. I do not know about their shuttle. However, I do know Alamo shuttles from their airport location to/from the pier and I paid $30/day for a mid size from them over spring break with pick up at FLL and return at MIA with no drop off charge and free shuttle to pier.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

Hi Holly,

Well, I got an answer from Hertz - they have a shuttle that meets the cruise ships when they come in, so it will be no problem getting there.

I am a AAA Plus member, so with Hertz, I get an extra discount, plus a free second driver, and damages over 5000 covered by AAA (so between AAA and my own car insurance, I don't need to buy CDW), plus a few other benefits. Total price for my Hertz rental (compact) is $33, incl. taxes, fees, etc. I actually prefer the economy/compact cars - there's just 2 of us and they are so much easier to find parking space for! I'd love to rent a MINI sometime...

Can't wait to go on Sunday!!!!!

Archived