IYO - Is the NCL Dawn beach excursion to Atlantis worth it?

legalcruiser

Hello all - I have not been to Atlantis yet and was wondering whether those who have think this excursion is worth it. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is 75pp and includes a lunch voucher and use of the beach facilities but not the pool. I am estimating that you are only there approximately 5 hours.

Is Atlantis that great or is someone better off visiting the free beach next door?

Do they offer a cabana in this price? I would say if it was a full day it would be worth it, but 5 hours, I don't know, I would have to think long and hard about it. It would also be worth it if it included the pools. But that is just my opinion. If you wanted to see the Atlantis, you could take a cab, check it out and then head over to the free beach. We did that last year. The only problem with the free beach is the people that come around constantly trying to sell you stuff.

Norwegian Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;04;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2003;05;03;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

The Atlantis is a lot of fun. We have stayed there 5 times in the last 6 years. One time my brother in law came to nassau on a cruise while we happened to be vacationing at Atlantis, so we got him a hotel room for the night-(even though he was not going to be sleeping there)It was cheaper than the $75. pp for the ship's tour & then he got free use of the whole property(each guest in the room gets a wristband to wear for the day to show that they are staying on the property-and yes they do check)!!!!. The rooms in the beach tower are the cheapest. Another option is the comfort suites which is right across the street from the atlantis-they have a deal with the atlantis and you have full use of the property.

Get off the ship in Nassau, take a water taxi for $3pp or land taxi for $4pp to paradise Island.

If you choose the ship's tour, then check out the cove beach-it's the farthest one past the main beach. It's wonderful!!!!! You can take long long walks and check out club med etc.

have fun,

Ilene

Thanks so much for the tips. As a surprise to my husband (it's our anniversary), I was going to purchase the atlantis tickets. He's always wanted to check out this property. It will be less expensive to book a room and enjoy all of the benefits instead of only getting a lounge chair outta the deal.

Any other helpful hints??

G

Legalcruiser,

I don't have the option for the Atlantis Beach day because it starts in June and I am sailing mid may. And it's 195.00 for 4 people, not 2. I feel the price is reasonable, it's just that I don't understand how we can use it considering check in is at 3pm? Hummm.... icon_confused.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I don't know about early check in for comfort suites, but atlantis has the "transit" lounge which is like a health club locker room for thier guests to use before thier room is ready the day of check in.

The only problem I see with the idea of getting a room is how do you check out the next day?? Check in at the atlantis is not until 3 pm.

sorry!!!

Hi ilritch. I am confused. The Comfort SUites deal would be 200 for me because there are only 2 of us. Unless I am mistaken the charge is the room with 4 max.

Also, just to let you know I am currently booked on the atlantis beach day and I leave May 23rd. When I asked about the docs stating that it wasn't available until June, I was told by the NCL rep that it had to be available or the computer wouldn't allow the rep to sign me up. Anyway, I have a confirmation of it but I guess I will have to wait until we get onboard to find out if it is available.

lritch,

Why don't you tell them that you are only booking the room for the day to use the facilities and ask if you can check in early? I don't see why they would mind, especially if you don't really need the room right away. Heck, they're getting a great deal. I have always been able to use the hotels facilities if I've arrived before check in, even if the room isn't ready. I'm sure they get people arriving early all the time who want to go over to Atlantis and start playing, if you've paid for the room, they'll give you your wristbands.

Don't worry about checking out, you can always check out early without a problem, it's checking out late that's dicey. I haven't officially checked out of a hotel in 10 years, I just leave the hotel and let electronic checkout take care of it. No need to ever physically go to the front desk and check out unless you're settling by cash.

No tagline, on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

Legalcruiser,

So sorry I must be so self-envolved that I didn't realize you only had two in your party LOL! I'm just so happy to have this board and you guys to talk to to help make a cruise perfect. Anyway, I also talked NCL and they said the beach day was not available. I did try to book it in march, maybe they have added it since? I will call tomorrow again and let you know what they tell me.

ninafromct,

You're always full of fresh ideas! icon_biggrin.gif And you're right about checkout it's almost always "express" now. I'll do some more researching to see if it's feasible. Honestly, unless we have a full day there, it's probably not worth it! Ohh well..........

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It is so crazy how you can get different answers from different people at NCL. I talked to 3 different shore excursion people who all told me it was available and I too, booked my initial shore excursions at the end of March. Go figure. Maybe you will get a different response tomorrow! Good luck!

Legalcruiser --

A hotel is a hotel is a hotel, IMO. You'll get a better deal if you walk to the beach at the Hilton or take a taxi to the Radison Cable Beach.

Atlantis has a nice aquarium & is the nicest hotel in the Bahamas, but that and a quarter won't get you a cup of coffee.

Book a land based long weekend there as a surprise for your DH. You'll get 2 vacations. icon_biggrin.gif

Trish

Thanks Trish. Now I will just have to do some research on Radisson Cable Beach and the Hilton since I don't know anything about them.

We are looking for a vaca at the end of August and we were thinking of another cruise - maybe Atlantis would be a good change of pace. I just don't know if I could give up a week of cruising though!

Dawn 5/23/04

RCCL Enchantment 7/02

Carnival Glory 8/03

IMO The Atlantis is not just a hotel. I was there on my honeymoon and it was unbelievable! The live music at the pool, the beach steps away. I LOVED the water slides and especially the lazy river (could stay on that thing all day) Plus the aquarimums were amazing. Second best thing to a cruise, so legalcruiser, if you do plan a land trip- It is definitely the way to go. My problem is I will not get back to the Bahamas anytime soon so I am looking at any option to get full use of the Atlantis.

I agree, going to Atlantis without being able to use the water attractions would be a waste. A beach is a beach but those slides and lazy river are what set Atlantis apart form other resorts.

I remember when we went on our Disney cruise about 5 or 6 years ago the admission was $25 (for full use) and I thought that was a lot. I can't believe they're gettin $75 for just the beach and lunch!

No tagline, on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

Archived