Sports Court Questions

Just back Navigator 4/2 sail. Per 14 y.o son basketball court was open 24 hours with balls available on the court. He purposefully brought a basketbal from home since we were not sure of this. certain times were set aside for 3 on 3 competitions, etc but for the most part you could get on the court at anytime. He did report that some drunks on board did take some of the balls of the court and threw them in the ocean (how stupid). This was his favorite part of his cruise.

Hey downeastern cruisin- sounds like our sons are 2 of a kind. When I asked my son about what he liked best about our cruise- without a doubt it was the access to a hoop. He would play 24/7. On our ship they had a teens 3 on 3 tournament

My son who will be 15 when we cruise seriously considered not going on our Rhapsody cruise because there is no basketball hoop on the ship. Although the website lists one, there actually is no sport available other than walking and rock climbing, so it seems. Pretty disappointing.....we're hoping the teen club makes up for that disappointment.

I haven't been on the Majesty since 96 and haven't been on the Rhapsody at all, but comparing the basketball courts on these ships to the almost full court on a Navigator is not a good comparison. Basically on the smaller older ships there is a basketball goal and some balls. They are not well located and their isn't much room for actually playing. Whereas, on the Navigator the court is very nice, and heavily utilized on at sea days. BTW, I would be surprised if the Rhapsody didn't have a goal set up somewhere on deck.

jc

Archived