The Flow Rider at Grand Turk, does it belong to Margaritaville or Carnival?

gam888

Carnival is charging $30 as a shore excursion to use the Flow Rider near Margaritaville in Grand Turk for an hour. $40 for 1.5 hours. Can you purchase the time to use the Flow Rider once you are there at Margaritaville, how much is it, or is it actually a facility that belongs to Carnival? Any other infos on Grand Turk are welcome! Thanks.

Margaritavilles are not franchises. They are owned by Buffett.

http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/welcome_grandturk.html

This says the Flowrider is operated by them, though:

"GTCC features the FlowRider, an artificial wave created for both body boarding and stand-up surfing. The FlowRider attraction is operated by Grand Turk’s Margaritaville restaurant and bar, and is currently available for all cruise ship calls at Grand Turk, including Carnival Imagination, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Triumph. It is the only one of its kind at a cruise ship facility — offers participants a chance to catch some gnarly waves and experience some bodacious wipe outs while they enjoy both body boarding and stand-up surfing."

http://caribtourism.net/turks-and-caicos/tourist-spots/455.html

We are headed there this summer. My friends who went a couple of years ago and are going with us this summer told us that if we want assurance of being able to do it, then we had better book through carnival.

None of us have any problems doing things on our own, but DF said that when they went and did the excursion through CCL the last time, the people who just went and wanted to do it on their own, had to wait until all of the excursion people were finished. She said some of those people never got to do the flowrider because they had to get back to the ship.

Sometimes these places have exclusive contracts with CCL, assuring CCL that their people will get servided first. This may be the case here. So, we will be booking it through CCL.

It was bliss to sit with a drink in my hand, and watch the flow-rider for an hour this November. I think it is owned and run by Margaritaville. Started off with 15 or so people, taking turns. After some tough falls, it was down to mostly fit teens, and young-20s guys.Quite entertaining.

You might be able to book independently, especially if you get off the ship immediately.

Thank you everyone for replying my post. I just wanted to find out if we didn't want to commit ourselves to the Flow Rider before getting off the ship, but rather decide if my son (it's really for him) wants to try it once we are there. We were on Oasis of the Seas in the summer and my husband tried it. (for free, included in the ship, although we have paid enough for it!!!). My son didn't go with us so he never saw it. Someone posted we can pay when we are there although it could be a long line up. I guess we will take a chance on that, we could always watch other people and be entertained for a while. By the way, is Governor Beach a lot nicer than the beach front near Margaritaville and Jack Shack, how much does it cost to take a taxi there for 5 people return. Do you need to pay for chairs and umbrellas?

• 2 years later...

Hope we can reopen this conversation.

Our ship arrives at 8 a.m

I could not find on the website what time the FlowRider opens. I also could not find the price.

Holland America offers a "tour" lasting 1 1/2 Hours for $34.95. Times are 8:45 am or 12:45 pm.

If you do not book with the ship, when is the line shortest? Is there a difference in price?

Thank you!!