Elemis Pure Shine

Patsie47

I wanted to get a stocking stuffer of the Pure Shine shampoo but see it was replaced by Elemis Aromazing Shampoo. I wanted to see if I can use it on an upcoming cruise. Did they switch over to the Aromazing or is it basically the same.

If I like it then that would eliminate a carry on item.

Thanks

We were just on Nieuw Amsterdam and if they had switched shampoo, I didn't realize it. I have used Elemis since it was first introduced at Noordam's Dedication and if this is a new product, I found it virtually the same.

I sure like the Elemis conditioner so I went searching for it online - wish I had squeezed out the rest of it on board into a bucket and taken it home with me.:p And in the process found this link which claims the Elemis Aromizing shampoo is the same as their former Pure Shine: http://www.timetospa.com/elemis-aromazing-shampoo-300ml/

To add to SwissMyst's post -- to me, it smells exactly the same, and my hair ends up the same BUT the new stuff is (to me) noticeably thicker, less watery, and I use less. I think it is an improvement :)

While searching online where to buy the Elemis conditioner I noticed all sorts of those little individual bottles that we used to get now on sale at ebay- but all located in the UK which is the home for Elemis. They are selling the little bottles in bulk lots for both the shampoo and conditioner.

However I did also find the cheapest way was to buy direct from Elemis on ebay, and not from their own website or the US "timetospa" website which is their US distributer.

While on board, I also found I needed to only use a very small squirt of the conditioner so it too probably is now denser using less water like you found with the shampoo, which cabin by cabin must add up to more efficient delivery and less need to keep replacing the tub dispensers.

These little efficiencies add up and the new delivery definitely cuts down on wasted individual packaging. We still do like our bar of soap though in the shower so the shower gel did not get used.

We could not get a bar of glycerine soap on NA. I asked for it and steward left a second bar of bath soap. I bought my own in port.

Interesting.... on the O-dam the steward told me I couldn't GET a bar of the bath soap, that they had discontinued it and now only offered the glycerine stuff. One of a number of small things that ticked me off.

SwissMyst, did you check onboard in the spa for the conditioner? I bought a big bottle of the shampoo from the spa. The woman who went to the back and found the bottle for me made certain to point out that there was a line to add a gratuity on the bill. Another small thing that ticked me off.

SwissMyst, did you check onboard in the spa for the conditioner? I bought a big bottle of the shampoo from the spa. The woman who went to the back and found the bottle for me made certain to point out that there was a line to add a gratuity on the bill. Another small thing that ticked me off.

Wish I had thought of this before I left the ship. Thanks for the suggestion.

Agree about this tip, and even the "9" rating aggressiveness that we also encountered as well. Those were some negative notes we also witnessed that we had not felt on other HAL trips to date.

The worst one coming from the guide on the FLL Everglades-Airport shorex at the end of the trip. I won't even go into the details because the aggressiveness was mind-boggling.

But asking for a tip to merely buy a product is over the top? That is over the top.

Archived