Will the staff be notified ??

southbayer

I was wondering if i remove the automatic tips on my sign and sail account, will the people who would have gotton them be notified in advance that i did this ? I'd rather pay them myself in the envelopes at the end of the cruise

Simple answer - YES, the cabin steward and dining room waitstaff do get a printout.

I do not believe they treat you any differently, but WILL be looking for a tip from you later, knowing you have not left them on your S&S account.:)

There is definatly a printout. I have seen it accidentally. The Head of the Hotel will give a list to each steward, waiter etc showing who has removed tips. They must turn in everything they get from these people including any upfront tips and tips they receive for delivering Room Service to be spilt up. Once all of these tips for x have been gathered then he is given anything over the standard amount. What usually happens here is there are people who have not tipped at all and as a result he ends up with less (it is also a percentage based thing, x is newest so he would get less of the pot).

I have never removed tips. I have given an international phone card to my stward and t-shirts out. One time my steward thought that I had removed the tips but it was a name mixup. When I receive very good serves then I tip extra.

They must turn in everything they get from these people including any upfront tips and tips they receive for delivering Room Service to be spilt up.

I don't believe this part of your post is correct. I had a long chat w/the CD on my last cruise - about all kinds of things - and he told me that Room Service delivery personnel keep ALL of their tips. (I guess they're in their own little category.);)

Archived