Fantasia Jan 9-20th

Andie7

Hi I will be cruising the Med to Casablanca and Tenerife early January 2012. Can anyone suggest weather and sea conditions in those parts at that time? Any other advice about sailing on MSC would be appreciated. Thanks. Andie

I'll be doing the cruise after you, boarding at Civitavecchia on the 29th.

Weather and sea conditions are hard to predict unless it's a day or two before. I would be prepared for cold rainy weather in the Western Med and warmer of course at Casablanca, Tenerife and maybe Madeira, while the areas for rough seas are the Gulf of Lion and then the Atlantic along the Moroccan coast. There could be warm sunny weather and calm seas also but with winter cruises it's best to expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised if all is well. Think positive and have a great cruise. Casablanca has some fascinating sights, Tenerife is nice, and Madeira is beautiful.

here in Spain we're only seeing a high of 19 or 20 degrees Celsius in the Canaries right now, with storms and winds causing elevated waves.

Typically at this time of year, the Canaries should have a high of 25 or 26.

Just don't expect Caribbean heat and sunshine, and enjoy your time on the ship when the weather doesn't lend itself to being outside.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived