There has to be a way...Have you ever? any ideas?

bluesea4me

Ok, here's my dilemma. We dock in Montego Bay, but the activities we want to do are in Ocho Rios. Since it is such a long ride, we thought we should book through the CL.

We ALL (6) want to go to Mystic Mountain and do the bobsled. Only a few want to do the zipline/tranopy there as well. Carnival only offers Bobled/Falls and the Tranopy Adventure. Well, the Tranopy is 165pp. The Falls/Bobsled is 99pp however no one wants to go to Dunns, we would rather ride the bobsled a few more times while the others zip or go to the Falls. When we were docked in Ocho, it wasn't a big deal as the shuttle went to and from frequently, but with the pier being in Montego, I don't think it will be possible. Has anyone ever done this?

Is it possible book the Bobsled/Falls and have the time to add the zip or another bobsled ride?

We wanted to stop at Scotchies or Ocho Rios Jerk Center too, but we know we would need a private driver. I've been reading about some private tour operators, and would be good with this, but it appears that they are not out of Montego Bay. Any experience, anyone? Would you use a private operator? Is it to risky? Who did you use?

Thank you, anyone, who can help with your Montego Bay to Ocho Rios experience.

We booked a shuttle with Trevor Hudlin. We were in Montego Bay Dec. 7th on the Conquest. We were off the ship pretty quick after docking, around 9:30 I would say. We were delayed leaving due to confused passengers not able to find the guide. We were driven to Mystic Mountain which took 1.5 hours to get there, arriving at 11:15 a.m. We purchased bobsled tickets there, afterward purchased an extra bobsled ride at $20 for both of us to ride a 2nd time (extra ride prices are posted in the gift shop by photo stand you see after your ride unless you go in before hand and take a look; there are other pricing options for extra rides.)

After bobsledding, we went down the waterslide and lounged in/by the eternity pool. Then our driver picked us up at 1 p.m. and we were driven back to Montego Bay, a 2 hour drive due to traffic, where we requested to be dropped off at Margaritaville, and spent an hour there. We experienced extremely heavy traffic in the taxi getting back to the ship.

I don't know how long the zipline takes, but I think you would be able to do it. Just beware of the Montego Bay rush hour traffic.

We have used Alrick Allen before and will use him again in February. He has picked us up in Runaway Bay but lives closer to Mo'Bay. He is very friendly, has a VERY nice vehicle and responds quickly through his website. I can't remember it off hand but you can Google him.....

We have 5 in our group but will be staying around Mo'Bay since we have done Ocho before. I think he can handle 6 and I know he is great at customizing trips.

Archived