Dawn SD Suites - Balcony Question

fiftyguy

Can someone who has sailed in the new SD suites tell me if the balcony is big enough for loungers or is it just arm chairs? I'm also interested to know if there is noise from above. I believe the track is on 13. Any pictures of SD suites would be great.

Thank you for your help!

Can someone who has sailed in the new SD suites tell me if the balcony is big enough for loungers or is it just arm chairs? I'm also interested to know if there is noise from above. I believe the track is on 13. Any pictures of SD suites would be great.

Thank you for your help!

We were on the Dawn in November, had a cabin crawl, and saw those awesome SD suites. The balcony is HUGE, open, biggest I've seen, and beautiful. There were loungers, chairs, etc on there. To me, it is the BEST cabin in the suite catagory.

If you are really interested in the specific size of the balcony, ask for the size when you book - they are different sizes. The suite we were in 12030 has a smallish irregular shaped balcony but the room is larger. There were 2 loungers on the balcony but not much room besides. Ok for 2 but certainly not enough room for a family. Good to go out for a breath of air and for sail away. The suites are just steps away from the pool so it's like a balcony extention nearby.

I'd definately book one of those suites again but I'd want to be sure it had a Murphy bed.

I do wish NCL would put beds that could be separated in their suites there are some of us that travel with friends and don't wish to share a bed. I don't think when paying suite fares one should have to sleep on a fold out.:(

Once A Nurse, we have the identical suite on the port side booked (12530) and now I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I was hoping the balcony would be larger than the one in an SC suite which is what we usually book. Do you happen to have any pictures you could share of your suite & balcony?

We were on the Dawn in November, had a cabin crawl, and saw those awesome SD suites. The balcony is HUGE, open, biggest I've seen, and beautiful. There were loungers, chairs, etc on there. To me, it is the BEST cabin in the suite catagory.

thank you SFO-F/A for your feedback. I did go ahead and book one.

If you are really interested in the specific size of the balcony, ask for the size when you book - they are different sizes. The suite we were in 12030 has a smallish irregular shaped balcony but the room is larger. There were 2 loungers on the balcony but not much room besides. Ok for 2 but certainly not enough room for a family. Good to go out for a breath of air and for sail away. The suites are just steps away from the pool so it's like a balcony extention nearby.

I'd definately book one of those suites again but I'd want to be sure it had a Murphy bed.

I do wish NCL would put beds that could be separated in their suites there are some of us that travel with friends and don't wish to share a bed. I don't think when paying suite fares one should have to sleep on a fold out.:(

Thank you for your first hand account. I especially appreciate your honest opinion on 12030. I have booked an SD, but not 12030 or 12530.

Once A Nurse, we have the identical suite on the port side booked (12530) and now I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I was hoping the balcony would be larger than the one in an SC suite which is what we usually book. Do you happen to have any pictures you could share of your suite & balcony?

If you can I might look into switching to another SD cabin. 12030 & 12530 are positioned near a jag in the deck layout so both loose some square footage. I went with 12522.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1479913&highlight=dawn+suites

checkout this thread/review. The first picture shows the balconies from the ground and you can see a couple are bigger than the others.

We were in 12026 recently, here is my cruise review and there are pictures and details of the cabin at the beginning of the review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1527176

Plenty of room for loungers and they will move the dining room table out to the balcony for meals if you like. It is very quiet. On the nights when there are deck parties you can hear the music with the balcony door open but not when its closed. There is a fair bit of traffic in the hall but its not noisy or bothersome as the bathroom area buffers it.

It was an awesome suite, best part of our cruise.

Once A Nurse, we have the identical suite on the port side booked (12530) and now I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I was hoping the balcony would be larger than the one in an SC suite which is what we usually book. Do you happen to have any pictures you could share of your suite & balcony?[/quote

I do have photos but I don't know how to post them on CC if you want to share an email address, I'd be glad to send them to you.

We were in 12026 recently, here is my cruise review and there are pictures and details of the cabin at the beginning of the review.

Plenty of room for loungers and they will move the dining room table out to the balcony for meals if you like. It is very quiet. On the nights when there are deck parties you can hear the music with the balcony door open but not when its closed. There is a fair bit of traffic in the hall but its not noisy or bothersome as the bathroom area buffers it.

Thank you - I did see your review. It was fantastic, and some great pictures. In fact your review started my research into the SD's. We're booked so now I just have to suffer through the countdown.

Just to add to the confusion, I found the sq footage for the suites. 12030 & 12530 the actual room space is 495 sq ft balcony is 58 sq ft. The other suites average 400 sq ft with balcony up to 110 sq ft.

Wouldn't it be nice if NCL made it easy to find this info.

It would also be nice if NCL provided factual info about the bed arrangement ( do not separate into twins). I just don't think that you should have to deal with an uncomfortable pull out bed when you are paying suite prices and there are those of us who travel with friends or family with whom we'd not share a bed. Why not have more suites with beds that do separate?

Listening NCL?

Once A Nurse, I would like to see your pictures. Here is my email address: dcrbrown1@frontier.com

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We're still trying to make a definite decision as to whether we'd rather have extra square footage in the room or on the balcony. My problem is that I want both! Seeing pictures really helps the decision-making process.

This is the cabin we saw on our poker/cabin crawl. It was fabulous!

Hi Amanda.....Happy Holidays,

Jacki

• 1 month later...

Once A Nurse,

Here is my email address..can you please share your pictures? We are booked in the room you had and I may want to change that...We like a big balcony..also did your room have the murphy bed? And, can you completely close the walls to separate the main bed? Thanks for anything you can send..

Once A Nurse,

Here is my email address..can you please share your pictures? We are booked in the room you had and I may want to change that...We like a big balcony..also did your room have the murphy bed? And, can you completely close the walls to separate the main bed? Thanks for anything you can send..

Sorry - you didn't add your email. 12030 has a small balcony - it does not have a murphy bed. It does have a queen bed that does not separate and a sofa bed that is not terribly comfortable. The other suites on 12 have larger balconies and Murphy beds so they will sleep 6 ( so they say.) We didn't separate the room to try the divider so not sure how well it separates. Closet space is limited and there is only one bathroom - things to consider if you have a bunch staying in those suites.

• 1 month later...

Archived