Starboard or Port sides

kdickers

Please forgive the newbie question here but . . . I knew you all would know the answers!! :p

I was booked into V9 (partially obstructed suite V7-10) on the Celebration. Yesterday I noticed that V4 (NON obstructed, V1-6) was available so I've switched over.

Now I wondering . . . I was on the starboard side and have now switch to the port side of the ship. Will I be facing the docks (so I can watch all the late :D boarders or will I be facing the other way??

We're scheduled into Freeport and Nassau and I also want to be able to see the ports from my balcony as we enter/depart!!

Thanks for your help!!

Hey Suse . . . keep watching the Carnival site . . . you might find a different cabin for your trip too!!!!

The only time port or starboard makes a difference is when you sail Alaska, and then the general rule is starboard for northbound Alaska and port for southbound if you want to see the land. For other cruises, there's absolutely no way of telling how the captain will pull the ship into port. How you're docked depends on a lot of things like the time you arrive, the dock space, and how many other ships are in port at the same time. One week you might face the dock portside and the next it might be on starboard.

Archived