Does it rain a lot in Ocho Rios?

amiryghb

I'm getting married in Shaw Park January 10, 2006 during my 5 day cruise on Imagination. Just wondering what the chances will be of rain..

Also how hot does it really get? I read that the average high at that time is 85 but our friends that were just there said it was only in the 70's.

Also does anyone have any pictures of Shaw Park they can share please?

thanks!

I go to Jamaica quite often and it seems to rain everyday....Granted, we're talking about a quick 10-15 minute tropical shower in the early morning or in the later afternoon... I've never been in January, but I think it should be pretty mild then for you, count on late 70's, early 80's- perfect!

I sent my mother and sister on a five day cruise January 8, 2005. Although they didn't go to Ocho Rios. In Grand Caymans and Cozumel they had beautiful weather, other than the fact that January is their windy season. So as long as the wind doesn't bother you your wedding should be fine. We went to Shaw Park on our honeymoon, it is very beautiful. Congradulations!

It did rain in Ocho Rios when we were there a couple of years ago on the Triumph. It wasn't a heavy rain and it didn't last all day. We were there in November and the temp was in the upper 70's low 80's. We climbed Dunns River Falls in a light shower. It was quite invigorating and everyone still had a good time.

I'm getting married in Shaw Park January 10, 2006 during my 5 day cruise on Imagination. Just wondering what the chances will be of rain.. Also does anyone have any pictures of Shaw Park they can share please?

We had rain in the morning on April 22 of last year... DW (girlfriend at the time was not happy :( ).. Sun came out and it cleared up before noon, and we were married in Shaw Park Gardens that afternoon! BEAUTIFUL! :)

If the 'pics' that Serene suggested are not enough to keep you happy, send me your e-mail address, and I'll try to send you a few of our wedding. (New digital camera, and I'm still just getting into this uploading/downloading fiasco).

• 1 month later...

Both times I've been to Jamaica (Ocho Rios and MoBay), there was a short but pretty intense downpour around mid-afternoon. Tropical weather pattern always seems to favor a shower sometime between 2 and 4. Sunny and warm all morning, then 30 minutes of clouds, then sunny again like the rain never happened.

Archived