Eclipse Review, 12-10 Sailing (LONG)

librarylady19

Your review, LibraryLady, is fantastic. I've read it a couple of times as my excitement mounts about our April sailing on Eclipse. That's one of the best things about cruising, isn't it - the building anticipation!

A question: WHile DH and I have been to Trunk Bay a couple of times over the year, I am debating going to Trunk Bay on St. John's on our own in April... but I see the ship offers an excursion there as well. A possible advantage of going on our own is that we get over there earlier and have a bit more peaceful quiet time before the ship tour arrives. But maybe that's not really an issue. Did you notice the beach growing more crowded when the excursion arrived?? Did that diminish your enjoyment of Trunk Bay somewhat?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thought I would give you a tip that we have used in the past-when arriving on St. Johns, have the "cab" take you to Caneel Bay resort - it is beautiful and they have always been gracious and allowed us to use their beaches-it is a low key, luxury resort and not a lot of people know about it - lovely snorkeling and swimming -

Thanks, Sandi! Your review is excellent, and I love all the pictures! I really appreciate the time you have taken to post this in depth travelogue! I also appreciate all the info you have compiled regarding staterooms, even though ours is not listed yet!:( I will check back on that sticky again before we sail. I'm really hoping our bed is by the closet, not the veranda.

Thanks so much! what cabin do you have? You can usually work out the bed location by referencing other nearby cabins.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks so much! what cabin do you have? You can usually work out the bed location by referencing other nearby cabins.

Sandi,

I have saved your review to my bookmarks and have looked at it often. I really appreciated today because we were able to upgrade to Aqua Class and I had skimmed the parts of your review on the Aqua class cabin and Blu. I reread the review and paid more attention to those items! We sail two weeks from today and I have poured over these boards for months! Thank you for an outstanding review!

Donna

Sandi... thank you so much for the wonderful review and pictures. We are sailing on Eclipse in Dec 12 and couldn't wait before reading your review. Now the wait is going to seem even longer;). Thanks again for the great desciption of what awaits...

Gerry

Sandi,

I have saved your review to my bookmarks and have looked at it often. I really appreciated today because we were able to upgrade to Aqua Class and I had skimmed the parts of your review on the Aqua class cabin and Blu. I reread the review and paid more attention to those items! We sail two weeks from today and I have poured over these boards for months! Thank you for an outstanding review!

Donna

Glad you enjoyed the review and I hope your experience in Blu is as amzing as ours was! look forward to reading your review upon your return.

Email wouldnt work for me grr!! Just wanted to know if you booked Murano lunch on board that you were able to have that special chef lunch? Should I pre-book speciality restaurants b4 we sail or wait for discounts on board? Love your detailed photos and review. I hope you realize how much they are appreciated. What would be your favourite port of call? cheers Liz

• 1 month later...

this was an excellent and special review because it was spaced out with comments and pictures for each day and your readers were able to intersperse with their comments and questions. other cruise critic reviewers might use your method as an example for their efforts.

thank you

john

• 8 months later...

Thank you so much for your review! Afraid for whatever reason where the pics should have been it was saying temporialry unavailable! Dont know why but I could just about picture most of it from you description! We ar on board for 17 days in April and so looking forward to it. We have always traveled princess so it will be great to sample a different ship, thanks again and Merry Xmas

Thank you so much for your review! Afraid for whatever reason where the pics should have been it was saying temporialry unavailable! Dont know why but I could just about picture most of it from you description! We ar on board for 17 days in April and so looking forward to it. We have always traveled princess so it will be great to sample a different ship, thanks again and Merry Xmas

Unfortunately, Webshots where I stored my pics went out of business :mad: I am in the process of loading them all into Photobucket but will have add new photo links soon. Will take a bit more work to re-do the reviews tho..

Here's a link to my Eclipse photos - still need to be better organized but you will get the idea!

http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/librarylady19/Celebrity%20Eclipse%2012-2011/

Archived