Fairfield Inn in Fll - my report

wieslaw

to the airport i think it is only alamo and national...however...

budget is across from the renaissance hotel very near the port..

HERTZ has a location at the Crowne Plaza and they have a shuttle

AVIS has a location at the Hyatt Pier 66 and i THINK they have a shuttle..though i took a cab as it was around $10 and i didn't want to wait for the shuttle...

HTH

AVIS at Hyatt Pier 66 does have a shuttle to the port, we have used it, and I would guess they'll shuttle from the port as well. Their hours of operation are pretty limited, so be sure to check.

Anyone have any idea the cost of a taxi for 6 to the Pier?? I know the hotel charges $9/pp for the shuttle, so just wondering if it would be pretty close in price to just get a private taxi.

Thanks

Can you tell me what info you used to get the Fairfield ? What area of FLL and things like that. I can't seem to find any deals on any of the booking sites like poriceline , hotwire , or even LMT. Thanks

Hi,

In my case, I read some posts and reviews about hotels here on this board and others and then I went on the LMT. They had the Fairfield listed for my date at $69 plus tax - so I booked it.

You might be looking at a different date ( probably during spring break) and many hotels are already booked.

Can you tell me what info you used to get the Fairfield ? What area of FLL and things like that. I can't seem to find any deals on any of the booking sites like poriceline , hotwire , or even LMT. Thanks

Hi again,

I just put the dates of 3-16-12 to 3-17-12 ( I think these are your dates) on LMT for Fll and Fairfield showed up at $ 69, so try it

http://www.lastminutetravel.com//PageHotelSearchResults.aspx?st=Hotels&cin=3/16/2012&cout=3/17/2012&mod=HotelSearchResults&dst=3709&Provider=18,2,27,6,21,23&hn=&str=0&brnd=&AvailableOnly=False&hpt=0&hptf=0&hpstf=0&rooms=1,2,0,&sbp=False&

Anyone have any idea the cost of a taxi for 6 to the Pier?? I know the hotel charges $9/pp for the shuttle, so just wondering if it would be pretty close in price to just get a private taxi.

Thanks

We used 2 taxis for a party of 9 back in October. The taxi rate was approximately $20 for each of us. Definitely take a taxi! The front desk will more than likely try to talk you out of it. We had to call one ourselves and saved quite a bit of money over taking the shuttle. You can request a van when you call.

Wieslaw , thank you for the information . you are correct on those dates, but we are also going to stay the night of the 15th. I did find the Fairfield , We are a party of 4 and it is 92.00 . Which I think is a good price. However when I was on LMT there was another 3 star hotel that showed up for 62.00 for four. I called and asked about cancelling this hotel after it was booked and I can up to 4 days prior. So I thought what the heck I will try it. The hotel is booked, but they put a request in because they sometimes open up more rooms. I recieved a notification letting me know that I will know if something opens up within 48 hours (Business days), They did give me the name of the hotel and it is The Hilton Fort Lauderdale airport. Regular rates are just over 200.00. Wow would it be nice to get this hotel. Looked on the website and seems lovely. Free shuttle from airport . We are renting a car and returning it friday night. they said they would still come and pick us up after we returned the car. The shuttle to the Port is 9.00 a person. Has anyone ever stayed here before? Let you know if I get it. If not its on to The Fairfield for me !

We used 2 taxis for a party of 9 back in October. The taxi rate was approximately $20 for each of us. Definitely take a taxi! The front desk will more than likely try to talk you out of it. We had to call one ourselves and saved quite a bit of money over taking the shuttle. You can request a van when you call.

$20 for each taxi?? Or $20/pp?? If it's $20 per taxi then I guess that's a no brainer!! We'll call for a taxi-van.

Thanks

Wieslaw , thank you for the information . you are correct on those dates, but we are also going to stay the night of the 15th. I did find the Fairfield , We are a party of 4 and it is 92.00 . Which I think is a good price. However when I was on LMT there was another 3 star hotel that showed up for 62.00 for four. I called and asked about cancelling this hotel after it was booked and I can up to 4 days prior. So I thought what the heck I will try it. The hotel is booked, but they put a request in because they sometimes open up more rooms. I recieved a notification letting me know that I will know if something opens up within 48 hours (Business days), They did give me the name of the hotel and it is The Hilton Fort Lauderdale airport. Regular rates are just over 200.00. Wow would it be nice to get this hotel. Looked on the website and seems lovely. Free shuttle from airport . We are renting a car and returning it friday night. they said they would still come and pick us up after we returned the car. The shuttle to the Port is 9.00 a person. Has anyone ever stayed here before? Let you know if I get it. If not its on to The Fairfield for me !

I almost pulled the trigger on booking this hotel until I went to Tripadvisor and read the reviews. They were very negative, so I tried the Fairfield Inn and it came back on request and then sold out for my dates. Finally booked the Days Inn FLL south for $110 per night. More than I wanted to pay but well reviewed.

I booked my hotel in Ft. Lauderdale at the Comfort Suites as mentioned in my earlier post through www.Stay123.com. Why haven't they sent my confirmation yet? I booked it yesterday. It was only $89.00 per night with parking for the duration we needed. They confirmed the dates but not the price. Is this normal? I would also need a parking confirmation as well.

We are arriving at 8:30 p.m. Staying at Fairfield Inn pre cruise 2/4/12. Is there anywhere close enough to walk at night or should we eat at the airport before coming to hotel? Thanks for excellent review of hotel.

We are arriving at 8:30 p.m. Staying at Fairfield Inn pre cruise 2/4/12. Is there anywhere close enough to walk at night or should we eat at the airport before coming to hotel? Thanks for excellent review of hotel.

Hi,

there is not much of anything close to the hotel. It is located in a sort of industrial / commercial area. Griffin Rd is pretty busy and there are no close by restaurants or stores. The closest restaurant was the one that we walked to on Anglers Ave. ( the Rustic Inn tel. 954-584-1637) . http://www.rusticinn.com/

We walked there in the early afternoon, I do not know how well is the street / avenue traveled in the evening and if there are lights on the street or not.

That is probably why the hotel offers the free shuttle to the restaurants and stores that I desribed in my report.

If you arrive at 8:30 pm, by the time you get your luggage and catch the hotel's shuttle, it will be close to 9:30 pm when you will be checking in.

That will still give you time the catch their free shuttle to some of the restaurants ( it runs 4 to 11pm on weekends).

I do not know for sure but the taxis would not cost much either because the distance to the restaurants is not far ( especially the Rustic Inn - maybe 1/3 of a mile).

Airport food might be Ok but I think you could get something a lot better in one of the restaurants.

Sorry, I can not tell you any more - I do not know that area well enough.

If you need phone numbers of any of the restaurants that I mentioned in my report, I do have them and will be happy to provide them. (I have the list provided by the hotel).

Edited by wieslaw

• 2 years later...