Zaandam review/ April 2nd

chasholly

Attending: Dh 33 me 30

2nd cruise

Food:

The first night we ate at the pinnacle grill. I had the halibut and crab leg. It was very bland and there were many times our wine glasses were empty. The main dining was very hit and miss. The oysters rock, the 8" prongs (i'm not exagerating!), filet, and lobster were excellent! The tuna was allright. All the fish we had was very bland. Being from Chareston, we have a pretty high expectation when it comes to seafood so we are a little spoiled! We met the best people at our table. There were many people from Atlanta seeing it was Georgia's spring break. We were at a table for 8 and had 2 officers on the formal nights attending. With this honor comes free wine for the table. I think we went through at least 10 each night!

Cabin:

We were in cabin 3418. Slam was our room attendant and was always smiling. The only thing I wish I would of paid attention to when booking this room was that the lower promenade walk around is on this floor and it is covered. It seems many people on my floor did not realize this. So it's not a total ocean view as I expected. The noise from the walkers never bothered us though.

Entertainment:

Although not big gamblers, that's somehow where we ended up :) For any of you on this cruise, I was the one always at the roullette table! We only attended the last variety show on Friday night. IMhO I thought it a little too hokey. We also did bingo.. my husband won once and our table mates (JOsh and Joyce) won 5 times!!!! People were either rubbing his head for luck or telling the bingo caller that he shouldn't be able to play any more!!

We did all shore excursions on our own. My only advice...don't rent a moped in Tortola! You will NOT make it up the hills if 2 people are riding it at once!!!

We had a great time over all and hope to do this again next year with HAL!

Archived