Roll Call - Silver Spirit - March 14, 2012

joefromchicago

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

Just found your post. I actually started a rollcall today since I couldn't find one. Join us on the roll call and we'd love to discuss our cruise. This will be our first Silverseas cruise after nineteen others on different lines. So far, Oceania is our very favorite. Our email is jtfourcpa@yahoo.com

We will be coming from the Orlando area the day before and would love to do a precruise dinner in Ft Lauderdale to meet fellow passengers.

Rhona and John

Hi Joe,

That sounds great about meeting before the cruise. We haven't made hotel arrangements yet but will be driving down from Kissimmee. Will give you more details as we make arrangements.

Do you want to switch to posting under the Roll Call section of the Board where I started a thread (it's under All Other Cruises). I am a little disappointed that no one besides you and us are posting. In the many years I have used CC, we have had good sized rollcalls and a great exchange of ideas, tours, etc. I have noticed that the "luxury" cruise line rollcalls do not seem to get a lot of people posting. On the Oceania, Princess and Celebrity rollcalls we always had many active cc people.

Rhona

Hi Writer 100 and Highlandshores,

Hope your plans work out and we'll see you aboard the Spirit. It will be our first time with Silverseas and we are really looking forward to it. We are planning with Joe, a precruise dinner in Ft Lauderdale on the 13th. Would love to have you join us.

We'll be aboard..with a 14 year old granddaughter. Any one else traveling with a teenager? Our " child" is a curious, well behaved teenager. We would love to have her meet new friends with whom to zip line and snorkel.

We're thrilled that she and her mother, our adorable daughter in law, want to cruise with us on what promises to be a fascinating Mayan intensive trip. This cruise hits just about all the highlights.

In a quick answer to the last formality question.... There will be both dinner jackets and dark suits on formal nights. Sparkle on the ladies, but not too many long evening dresses...mostly dressy separates or cocktail dresses. Always jackets and quite a few ties on the informal nights and many sport shirts with blazers on even the casuual nights...at least in the main restaurant. All of for which we say hurrah. It is no big deal to dress up a little, now really, is it???

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the shore excursions below. We always end up changing our minds once we are on board. This is a good start for us.

PRO-D) Mayan Off Road Vehicle Adventure & Beach Break

Time of Day: Morning | Tickets: 2 | Price: $89.00 | Date: Mar 16 2012

(BEZ-C) Airboat Adventure & Belize City Tour

Time of Day: Morning | Tickets: 2 | Price: $79.00 | Date: Mar 19 2012

(ROA-G) Parrot Tree Beach Escape & Lunch

Time of Day: Morning | Tickets: 2 | Price: $79.00 | Date: Mar 21 2012

(EYW-F) City View Trolley Hop-On Hop-Off

Time of Day: Morning | Tickets: 2 | Price: $21.00 | Date: Mar 23 2012

Rhona: Did you ever get my email, I sent it a while ago.

Joe

We are waitlisted for the Airboat in Belize. We are doing a private car to see the Island of Roatan and some zipline. Nothing in Santo Tomas. Maybe doing Salsa and Salsa in Cozumel (this is not a ship excursion). That is where I am at this point.

We are from Texas and my husband is 72 and I am 61. Our names is Joe and Jo Ellen. Hope to see you somewhere on the ship. Looking forward to it and I want my Silver box!

Jo Ellen

Just got mine. Yea!!

Does anyone know why the "Dive with Sharks!" tour in Roatan is no longer listed with the tours on neither the booklet in the silver box nor online. Are any of you divers and, if so, do you know of any good dive shops in our ports?

Thanks

Archived