museum tickets

I have been looking at different sites to order tickets to the Accademia Gallery, the vatican museum and sistine chapel and the Doges Secret tour. Can anyone recommend a reliable site that they may have purchased tickets from? There are quite a few where you can order tickets for multiple places which would make it a lot easier. I'm just a little apprehensive about not getting them until I get there,but I guess that's just the way it is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

WE USED THEM LAST YEAR FOR THE IiFFIZZI IN FLORENCE AND THE BORGHATTI IN ROME. CHEAPER IF WE BOUGHT LOCALLY BUT WE DID NOT HAVE TO WAIT IN LONG( I MEAN REALLY LONG) LINES. WHATEVER EXTRA WE PAID WAS WORTH IT. ALSO, HAVING THE VOUCHERS IN HAND WHEN WE LEFT WAS COMFORTING. SERVICE WAS QUICK AND ACCURATE. CAN'T ASK FOR MORE.

Thank you both for your quick replies. I looked at that site and found I could do everything I wanted on it. I like the idea of having the vouchers in hand. We are leaving May 13 and just getting this last minutes things into place.

Thanks again.

You can call the museum directly and reserve with them for both the Uffizi and the Accademia. You can even reserve the Pitti Palace at this number. They do speak english and you don't pay until you get there. They will reserve the time for you. Also, there is not the markup that you have with the ticket agencies. The number is 011-39-055294883. Price for the Uffizi and the Accademia are 6.50 Euro plus a 3 Euro per person booking charge. Compared to 19 Euro and up to book through an agency.

Hope this helps.

why not go to the Vatican site and fax in your reservations-its the same thing the other companies do-and then you pick up your tiks there-just like you do thru those others...and you save a bundle! as stated above-many of the museums have it available online or thru fax...

• 7 years later...

Archived