Rental Car - port Everglades

kammerer3209

We are flying into Ft. Myers Beach and staying there for the two days prior to sailing next Wednesday. Our original plan was that our friend's father would be driving us over and dropping us off, unfortunately her mom got called up for jury duty starting on the 28th (they only have one car). so now we are renting a car to get across the state for the one way trip. Obviously we want to drop the car off that day, that being said, do any of the car rental companies offer transportation to the port? I assume we can book the carnival shuttle if we needed to, or grab a taxi, but didn't know if any of the rental companies offered a shuttle service.

We are flying into Ft. Myers Beach and staying there for the two days prior to sailing next Wednesday. Our original plan was that our friend's father would be driving us over and dropping us off, unfortunately her mom got called up for jury duty starting on the 28th (they only have one car). so now we are renting a car to get across the state for the one way trip. Obviously we want to drop the car off that day, that being said, do any of the car rental companies offer transportation to the port? I assume we can book the carnival shuttle if we needed to, or grab a taxi, but didn't know if any of the rental companies offered a shuttle service.

Yes, Thrifty has a drop off very close to the pier and will shuttle you. Don't use the airport location. Use the port Everglades location.

Also try using Mouse savers code 004M001010 in the website corporate box for a discount

We are doing the same thing after our cruise. I booked Enterprise for $179 with taxes and fees, as a 4 day rental. Two days would have been $90. Then I used auto slash. Com to find a similar rate with hertz, simply cuz they are less likely to charge you for bogus car damage. The rates were higher at first, but they emailed with a good discount within 24 hours.

We are doing the same thing after our cruise. I booked Enterprise for $179 with taxes and fees, as a 4 day rental. Two days would have been $90. Then I used auto slash. Com to find a similar rate with hertz, simply cuz they are less likely to charge you for bogus car damage. The rates were higher at first, but they emailed with a good discount within 24 hours.

I am in insurance business and represent my insureds when they have claims-I would like to make a suggestion for any time you rent a car, because they do charge you bogus charges-either take their insurance for the rental car(cost is ridiculous-about $15+- a day plus cost for the rental car) OR before you drive away, do a walk around of the vehicle and look carefully. If you see, even the smallest marks, bring it to their attention and have them mark it on their rental agreement. Then(this is always the hardest part), when you return the car, make the rental car person walk around the vehicle and point out any damage. Then, have them write on the rental slip that there is no damage and have them sign it. I can tell you horror storues about my insureds who get letters weeks after they return their rental car, saying there was damage and you oww big money. I personally take the insurance because of what I have seen happen to my insured. Long story, but even if your personal auto insurance covers the damages, you have your collision deductible to pay plus sometimes they add fees that your insurance company does not pay. When you sign the rental agreement, there is really small print that says you will pay certain costs if there is vehicle damage but that does not make your insurance company pay. Do not be mad at your insurance carrier-be mad at the rental car companies-rip offs!!

Yes have used Thrifty b/4. Drop off right at the entrance to Port Everglades. We had 4 people so they just hopped in the rental and drove into the Port. That was a nice gesture and probably not the norm as they have shuttles running.

Rented at FLL airport with return to Port Everglades.

Just put your return location in as PORT EVERGLADES!

I am in insurance business and represent my insureds when they have claims-I would like to make a suggestion for any time you rent a car, because they do charge you bogus charges-either take their insurance for the rental car(cost is ridiculous-about $15+- a day plus cost for the rental car) OR before you drive away, do a walk around of the vehicle and look carefully. If you see, even the smallest marks, bring it to their attention and have them mark it on their rental agreement. Then(this is always the hardest part), when you return the car, make the rental car person walk around the vehicle and point out any damage. Then, have them write on the rental slip that there is no damage and have them sign it. I can tell you horror storues about my insureds who get letters weeks after they return their rental car, saying there was damage and you oww big money. I personally take the insurance because of what I have seen happen to my insured. Long story, but even if your personal auto insurance covers the damages, you have your collision deductible to pay plus sometimes they add fees that your insurance company does not pay. When you sign the rental agreement, there is really small print that says you will pay certain costs if there is vehicle damage but that does not make your insurance company pay. Do not be mad at your insurance carrier-be mad at the rental car companies-rip offs!!

Good advice. Thanks!

I do not rent a car often, and have not been charged for damage -- but next time I will follow your advice.

Archived