Lobster / Crab specials

marek165

That's like saying you hate italian food because you didn't like your first taste of canned spaghetti. You still have no idea what a fresh, steamed New England lobster tastes like.

No it's not. I don't need to taste a "fresh, steamed New England lobster" as I did not care for the texture.

But thanks for telling me what I should like and how I should think.:rolleyes:

No it's not. I don't need to taste a "fresh, steamed New England lobster" as I did not care for the texture.

But thanks for telling me what I should like and how I should think.:rolleyes:

Actually, there is a huge difference in texture between overcooked, undercooked, and properly cooked lobster.

First night was lobster night as well as another toward the end of our 11 day cruise on the Dawn.

I had experienced the dryness and small size of lobsters in the MDR on past cruises and asked for 2 lobster tails only (no other fish on plate that normally came with meal)...

While they were by no means perfect, it was lobster after all and yes, just a bit on the dry side. I enjoyed them anyway (I don't do butter on lobster)

They came served over a really delicious, generous serving of rice.

Being Canadian we eat our lobster with garlic butter. Can you get it on the ship?

Sorry have to ask what does being Canadian have to do with you eating your lobster with garlic butter.

I've been served lobster in many restaurants in Canada and have had it served to me both ways. Most times just drawn butter, no garlic.

Actually, there is a huge difference in texture between overcooked, undercooked, and properly cooked lobster.

There is also a difference, in both species and flavor, between a cold water lobster and a caribbean spiny lobster. The latter can be delicious if fresh and properly seasoned and cooked. In my experience, the previously-frozen spiny lobster tails in the MDRs are severely overcooked, chewy and relatively flavorless. I have few complaints about the food in the MDRs as I have almost always found much better choices on "lobster night."

I guess I'm not a picky eater :p - I have no problems with the lobster (Caribbean - not what we're used to up north here in Canada) served onboard cruise lines we've been on over the past 15 years. Main thing - I don't have to do the dishes afterwards - that's what counts for me - as usually we are captain/second mate (moi)/cleaner on our sailboat. A cruise with served meals is a no brainer for us sailing folks & I get to dress up rather then wear the same salt encrusted clothing after a month of sailing!!

Main thing - if you don't like it - just order something else - unless you are of Italian origin - where we are taught to eat everything on our plates - even if we hate it :)

Marek165 - See you on the Dawn on 5th Feb sailing - we're on Roll Call with you if you've not already noticed!

Archived