Confused about Liquor in GC

psbfan01

The local rums are Seven Fathoms (AFAI know the only one actually 100% made and aged on island) Blackbeard's/Big Black Dick (imported rum, blended and bottled on island) and Tortuga Rum (imported from Jamaica). Only one I have liked has been the Dark Chocolate flavored rum from the most uniquely named brand...;)

If you like rum, do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle or 5 :D of the Mt. Gay Extra Old from Barbados. The price in Cayman is generally very good on that item for some reason and it is a killer rum.

Be sure and make your purchases early in the day because I believe all liquor is delivered back to the boat via the store so there is a cut-off time to get this accomplished. (This also ensures cruise ship passengers aren't running around slurping from the bottle :)

We have quite a collection of Caribbean rums and I'd love to add 7 Fathoms and/or BBD. Sounds great! I assume RCCL doesn't allow us to bring it back on the ship? That would be too awesome. THEN I have to get it back on the plane...

Pam

they ship the rum directly to the ship, which is nice cause then you don't have to carry it.

i have to add that I am white, my hubby is black. we gave my dad a sampler pack of the BBD rum for Christmas. the look on my dad's face was priceless. then again we have immature sense of humor in my family, other families might not find it as humorous.

they ship the rum directly to the ship, which is nice cause then you don't have to carry it.

i have to add that I am white, my hubby is black. we gave my dad a sampler pack of the BBD rum for Christmas. the look on my dad's face was priceless. then again we have immature sense of humor in my family, other families might not find it as humorous.

Lol, I now feel better about giving my mom a bottle,Can't wait to see the look on her face.:D

Too funny! Your family sounds great!

Only one I have liked has been the Dark Chocolate flavored rum from the most uniquely named brand...;)

If you like rum, do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle or 5 :D of the Mt. Gay Extra Old from Barbados. The price in Cayman is generally very good on that item for some reason and it is a killer rum.

Is the Dark Chocolate flavored rum widly available or do you have a suggestion as to where to shop ? enjoyed chocolate rum before and would buy a case :eek:IF ever i found it again. :D

oh and YT TY TY !!!! leaving out of NOLA on the 28th

Is the Dark Chocolate flavored rum widly available or do you have a suggestion as to where to shop ? enjoyed chocolate rum before and would buy a case :eek:IF ever i found it again. :D

oh and YT TY TY !!!! leaving out of NOLA on the 28th

I have seen it at the Big Daddy's locations on Seven Mile Beach, but I am not sure if the duty free stores in town stock it or not. I'd imagine they do.

I have seen it at the Big Daddy's locations on Seven Mile Beach, but I am not sure if the duty free stores in town stock it or not. I'd imagine they do.

Thank YOU, TT for responding - at least I have a base as to where to begin my quest .. nextup checking out Seven Mile Beach !!!!!

Archived