Beach Day

Lollygil

My DH and I are traveling with my daughter and her friend --18. We want to hit the beach, and relax with frosty drinks...have lunch then head back to the port for some shopping and to stop at Senor Frogs before docking.

I have been reading up on the locatiions..We have been to Chaunka--spelling--last time, it was nice but we want to try something new with a nicer beach.

Which location--Money Bar, Paradise, Nachi or Mr Sanchos???

My DH and I are traveling with my daughter and her friend --18. We want to hit the beach, and relax with frosty drinks...have lunch then head back to the port for some shopping and to stop at Senor Frogs before docking.

I have been reading up on the locatiions..We have been to Chaunka--spelling--last time, it was nice but we want to try something new with a nicer beach.

Which location--Money Bar, Paradise, Nachi or Mr Sanchos???

No beach at Money Bar but great for snorkeling. Nachi is AI only with advance booking. Paradise has a nice beach and huge swimming pool and water toys, Mr.Sanchos also has a nice beach, small pool, massages, horseback riding and is less crowded then Paradise. Have been to all and had a great time, have fun !

First, you need to decide if you want an all-inclusive (food & Alcoholic drinks) or not. The 18 year olds can be served alcoholic drinks, if you approve/want.

Google the places runner15km suggested, and check out the prices. We typically go to Paradise Beach, but we are not heavy drinkers, and prefer pay-as-you-go.

Thanks everyone---I think we are looking for the All Inclusive, it just seems like a better deal. So Mr Sanchos or Naachi...the beach is important..which one is nicer? Is snorkeling better at either..and which one limits the guests?

Thanks everyone---I think we are looking for the All Inclusive, it just seems like a better deal. So Mr Sanchos or Naachi...the beach is important..which one is nicer? Is snorkeling better at either..and which one limits the guests?

I haven't been to Mr. Sanchos however, Nachi offers an optional snorkel trip for $37.

We loved Nachi. Great beach, food and drinks.

if you want optional water toys do Sancho's...they also have an a la carte or AI option.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note on Passion Island. We have gone there a handful of times through the cruise ships and love it. However, this last time (Carnival in August 2011) our 20 year old daughter was denied an alcohlic drink for the 1st time because they have started abiding by the rules of the ship (must be 21 to be served alcohol) despite the country's legal drinking age. And, no, she wasn't given a break on the fee-she paid adult fare.

Wow....that's interesting. Have thoughts on that one, but I am not going to post them because the Cruise Critic parenting police will be out in full force. LOL

Just a note on Passion Island. We have gone there a handful of times through the cruise ships and love it. However, this last time (Carnival in August 2011) our 20 year old daughter was denied an alcohlic drink for the 1st time because they have started abiding by the rules of the ship (must be 21 to be served alcohol) despite the country's legal drinking age. And, no, she wasn't given a break on the fee-she paid adult fare.

I'd suggest Paradise Beach. I've never seen it crowded. They have a beach and a great pool. One or the other will suit you just fine, or enjoy them both! Pay as you go there too. Quite reasonable. We love it!!!!

Cigar Dude, how difficult is it to bring back a box of Cubans from Cozumel, going next week and was wondering if they hold them when you re board or can you take them to your room and enjoy on the balcony?

Archived