parades/parties and show reservations

iupalum

booked to go on the 7 day eastern caribbean oasis cruise in may with lots of family. since i live several states away (i'm in NC and they are all in PA) we planned on talking about what shows we would be interested in reserving (as well as days and times of reservation) over the holidays when i'm home visiting. i'm going off of the most recent show schedule as a blueprint and looking at a tentative schedule. but my question is when are the parades and parties (such as the 70's shindig and the dreamworks or cultural parade) and do they interfere with reservations? any info would be greatly appreciated!

booked to go on the 7 day eastern caribbean oasis cruise in may with lots of family. since i live several states away (i'm in NC and they are all in PA) we planned on talking about what shows we would be interested in reserving (as well as days and times of reservation) over the holidays when i'm home visiting. i'm going off of the most recent show schedule as a blueprint and looking at a tentative schedule. but my question is when are the parades and parties (such as the 70's shindig and the dreamworks or cultural parade) and do they interfere with reservations? any info would be greatly appreciated!

try and get a cruise compass (or at least the day planner which has highlights of what is on what days) ahead of time although things do change from time to time. Usually the parties (disco/white parties) start after 10. Its really hard to plan all that ahead, especially on the Oasis. There are just so many shows and they try to plan things so you can do it all. You can book an ice show at 3 pm (not a busy time) but that may interfere with port stop or sunbathing time. Book the aqua shows early on, in case of rain it gives you time to reschedule.

don't book any comedy show on the last night of sail date. i did that on the Allure and it was same time as good bye parade. i was so mad that i had to miss it.

The 70 disco usually follow after show that was in the theater. When i was on the Allure there a show and the Ken Rush came out as John Travolta and telling us the 70 disco night is coming up in few minutes. Everyone pack the promenade and dance away.

As the others have said, the 70's disco party doesn't usually start until pretty late at night, so you shouldn't worry about missing that one. As for the parades, they are usually before dinner or at a time that there isn't really anything else major going on. If you miss one, there is always another.

Archived