Question re power outlets

wbsander

I'm bringing a Euro adapter so I can use the 220 outlet too. They only need it to vacuum, I just want an extra for charging batteries overnight.

P1000598.JPG

Finally,, someone else who get's it.

It is difficult with only 1 outlet. What most people don't realize is that almost everything bought in the States that requires a charger,,, that charger auto adapts for 100 VAC 50/60Hz up to 240 VAC 50/60Hz.

Back in the day, that charger would have gone up in smoke, not anymore.

Just look at your charger. If it has Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz written on it, all you need is the adaptor.

Finally,, someone else who get's it.

It is difficult with only 1 outlet. What most people don't realize is that almost everything bought in the States that requires a charger,,, that charger auto adapts for 100 VAC 50/60Hz up to 240 VAC 50/60Hz.

Back in the day, that charger would have gone up in smoke, not anymore.

Just look at your charger. If it has Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz written on it, all you need is the adaptor.

Thanks! That's great info to have. So what is the funny little 2 pronged outlet in the bathroom good for?

The gray round 220v is for european voltage/plug style devices, and I believe is in the actual cabin.

The gray 115v outlet with a phone jack is in the cabin and takes regular "American" two prong/three prong plugs.

P1000588.JPG

The white one is in the bathroom if I'm not mistaken, and has both rectangular slots for 110/120v "American" plugs, and round holes that put out 220v for european devices.

P1000567.JPG

Thanks! That's great info to have. So what is the funny little 2 pronged outlet in the bathroom good for?

basically an electric shaver:rolleyes:, thats about it!

My friend uses the bathroom plug each time we go on a cruise for either her curling iron or dryer. I can't reach it, so I never even thought about it:)

My friend uses the bathroom plug each time we go on a cruise for either her curling iron or dryer. I can't reach it, so I never even thought about it:)

I tried that once, and it didn't work... not enough voltage. Even had a sign that said for electric razors only. Maybe it was just that ship :confused:

I tried that once, and it didn't work... not enough voltage. Even had a sign that said for electric razors only. Maybe it was just that ship :confused:

You're probably right, just depends. This past time it was on the Magic, tho there's 2 outlets on the desk...yippee:)

Archived