Eden Rock has anyone been there lately?

sj25

I see someone posted above that the reef was destroyed, but is coming back. Would most people agree with that who've been there recently?

Is it all Tarpon fish, or do you get to see the other pretty coloured fish as well? (I don't think Tarpon are that nice looking, are they?)

Did you watch the video posted above? Might give you some good perspective on what you'll see when snorkeling there.

http://idiveglobal.com/locations/eden-rock-snorkel/

I see someone posted above that the reef was destroyed, but is coming back. Would most people agree with that who've been there recently?

Is it all Tarpon fish, or do you get to see the other pretty coloured fish as well? (I don't think Tarpon are that nice looking, are they?)

We were there in May. We stuck close to the shore line since we didn't have life vests, but even there we some some colorful fish. There were some divers that same day that went further out and they came back saying it was pretty amazing. For the price, (free if you have your own gear!) and the closeness to the pier, you can't beat it!

• 2 weeks later...
We were just there last week and thought the snorkeling was great! One of the best days of our trip.

I'm glad to hear this! I really want to check it out!

I do have the shipwreck snuba booked, but it's not 'til 1:30, so I should have plenty of time before to hit Eden Rock!:cool:

We spent almost 3 weeks in Cayman over Christmas/New Years and theres great snorkelling to be had.

We printed this out and took it with us and found all great spots. Sometimes you think the snorkelling at a certain location is not that great, but if your not in the right area it makes all the difference.

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/

We spent almost 3 weeks in Cayman over Christmas/New Years and theres great snorkelling to be had.

We printed this out and took it with us and found all great spots. Sometimes you think the snorkelling at a certain location is not that great, but if your not in the right area it makes all the difference.

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/

Great link! Thanks for sharing!

Archived