Homeless cruiser?

carlakruz

it is possible not to be assigned a cabin until the morning the ship sails. But you will sail. They will tell you what cabin when you arrive at the pier. Normally the porters will have a master list with the late assigned cabins. I have noticed that NCL seems to be waiting longer and longer to assign guaranteed cabins

LOL, You aren't really nervous about not getting a cabin, are you? NCL is still selling cabins on your cruise and there are still almost three weeks until your cruise. plenty of time for NCL to sell some more cabins and to assign yours. Try to be positive:every day you wait for an inside cabin assignment is a day that you can still hope for an upgrade...You will probably get an inside, but hope is cheap;).

On my last cruise I wasn't assigned a cabin until the day before the cruise. Was I worried ? NO, I was hoping for a big upgrade but I did get upgraded a few cattegories.

Don't worry until you get to the ship and they tell you they have overbooked. Ha.

I'd go with the deck chair, that way you don't have to put your towel & an old book there early in the a.m. to hold it for you for later.

I used to sail on the barefoot type Windjammer sailing ships. (They went out of business 4 years ago.) They actually allowed and encouraged you to sleep out on deck. They had hammocks or thick mats or lounge chairs. I slept on deck one night. It was actually nice.

Sailed with Norwegian in October with a balcony guarantee, and I didn't get a room assignment until 3 days before embarkation. The Norwegian rep said this was very common- she told me to watch the website. When all upper categories are suddenly marked as sold out, that means that NCL is assigning all the guarantees. Sure enough, I got my assignment a few hours after I saw that. We ended up with a BA cabin- very nice and well located. Good luck!

A late cabin assignment might be seen as a good sign. Whenever I've booked a guarantee, I've been assigned a cabin (no upgrade) almost immediately, and the assignment never changed. Even so, I've never been disapointed in my cabin.

Since you haven't been assigned yet, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll get a very nice upgrade. Good luck!

Sailed with Norwegian in October with a balcony guarantee, and I didn't get a room assignment until 3 days before embarkation. The Norwegian rep said this was very common- she told me to watch the website. When all upper categories are suddenly marked as sold out, that means that NCL is assigning all the guarantees. Sure enough, I got my assignment a few hours after I saw that. We ended up with a BA cabin- very nice and well located. Good luck!

Could you tell me exactly how you did this?? Thanks!

We are sailing on the Spirit on Jan 15th and still do not have a cabin assigned. We have purchased an inside cabin. we need recommendations on where to sleep if we dont get assigned a cabin??????????

Im so glad you arent actually homeless I thought you were by the title of your post and was expecting it to read ' Ive been evicted from my house but I still want to cruise what should I do?!' :eek: well it is cheaper than rent......

We are sailing on the Spirit on Jan 15th and still do not have a cabin assigned. We have purchased an inside cabin. we need recommendations on where to sleep if we dont get assigned a cabin??????????

Did you purchase an Guaranty or regular cabin? If a GTY, it could happen as late as when you board. If not, call and raise hell with somebody now.

Did you purchase an Guaranty or regular cabin? If a GTY, it could happen as late as when you board. If not, call and raise hell with somebody now.

We are on the Jan 9th sailing and booked a gty balcony. We were already assigned a balcony on deck 10 mid-ship but called and were upgraded to a balcony aft on 8 as our 4 children (3 adults) will be on eight!

Could you tell me exactly how you did this?? Thanks!

I went to the Norwegian website and pretended that I wanted to book a new cabin on our cruise. After some clicking, you'll get to the part where they give you prices for each kind of cabin. Three days or so before the cruise, that page went from being full of options to having everything (except possibly inside rooms) say "SOLD OUT".

Archived