Liberty 4-night suggestions

sampup333

My husband and I have only cruised on 7 night cruises before, but are set to try a 4-night on Liberty in January. Do any of you have a suggestion for which night we should try a specialty restaurant? Of course, we do not want to miss lobster night in the MDR.

Any other suggestions for a 4-nighter or for the Liberty? We have sailed Mariner and Explorer in the past. Thanks for any suggestions!

Does anyone have an overview of the dinner menus for the recent Liberty 4-night itineraries?

I believe that formal night is the 2nd night.

Is there a Lobster night for a 4-night cruise? If so, what night?

Any other MDR menu highlights?

We are boarding in a week. Can't wait.

THANKS!!!

There wasn't lobster on Dec. 1 Liberty sailing. I don't know if they offered it on the more recent sailings. I didn't keep copies of the MDR menus but I remember the last night was the least appealing to me. Since hubby and I signed up for my time dining and had to prepay tips, we didn't feel obligated to eat in the dining room on the last night.

My husband and I ate in both Chops and Portofino while onboard. I prefer Portofino but both were very good.

Trying to align this with your least appealing meal in the MDR is best. However, we have also aligned specialty resturants based on Saturday Night Fever or Aerial show. Sometimes its hard to see all the shows and eat in the MDR the same nights. You can probably get a better time in a resturant and see the show without rushing rather than do the MDR.

If you are trying to schedule dinner at a specialty restaurant around a show, leave plenty of time. I think they suggest about 2 hours for specialty dining.

We ate at Chops on the first night of the cruise. It took us over 2 hours for dinner. Service was rather slow, which didn't upset us since we enjoy a little time between courses. The table next to us was getting impatient and complaining. I don't know if the service was slow because the restaurant was packed that night or because it was the first night of the cruise. We didn't eat there another night to compare.

Portofino was faster but it still took us about 1.5 hours for dinner.

We ate at Portofino on night 3, as we were leaving Cozumel. We arrived at 6:15, were seated at a table for two by the window, and experienced sailing away during sunset, gliding slowly past the lighted Jewel of the Seas and the lights of Cozumel. The food was excellent, as well as the service, and we will definitely try to schedule it again for sail away time. There was a headliner show scheduled for 7:45 that evening that we missed. We also missed Italian night in the MDR, with the scallop risotto appetizer and the singing and dancing waiters. I would have been unhappy to miss Saturday Night Fever or the aerial show, but consider the Portofino dinner at sail away to be worth missing the headliner.

• 1 year later...

Hello! Does anyone have an updated menu for the dining room for the Liberty 4nt Western Caribbean itinerary? We are trying to figure out when to book our Portofino or Chops dinner (not on Cozumel night though).

Thanks!

Sarah

Archived