Allure v. Oasis

CosmoLover

Apologies if there is another thread on this already, I cant seem to locate one..but I am torn between booking an Eastern Caribbean cruise for spring/summer 2012 on either the Allure or the Oasis..Both ships seem to be the same, not sure what differences there are between the two?

anyone who has been on both care to elaborate? Also, does it matter what type of room to book if I am interested in a room that has the least amount of "ship rocking feel" to it? (i.e We stayed on Deck 6 (inside state room) on our last cruise and barely felt the ship list or move in rougher seas, but if we were to book an Ocean View Balcony room on the Oasis/Allure - would we be more susceptible to ship movements.?) My husband can get sea-sick sometimes and we just want to find the best room on Allure or Oasis where that would be minimized?

The Oasis is shorter in length than the Allure by an inch and a half or something (due to the expansion of the steel and the season at which the ships were constructed)... but it displaces a few hundred more tons of water because of some design modifications that were made after it's Maiden Voyage across the Atlantic... So, theoretically, the Oasis is bigger.

If you felt motion on a smaller vessel (and today's cruise ships are large), you will be hard pressed to feel motion aboard these super-cruise ships.

We went aboard the Oasis the first week of Nov 2011 and experienced rough seas... I think there were 20ft swells the Oasis was battling... roughest seas since it's first trans-Atlantic sailing, according to some crew members.

I felt fine, my one kid (who gets sick on Merry-go-rounds) was also fine... I was aboard the Carnival Ecstasy once as we passed through a Nor'Easter. 20-30 ft seas. That cruise, I was NOT fine.

Being that I've sailed aboard the Oasis, I am really looking forward to sail aboard the Allure.

Either ship, you can't go wrong.

If you're concerned about motion sickness, it's best to be low and in the center... This means maybe the Boardwalk or Central Park balconies, or interior staterooms... but if you're going to go... Go for the GUSTO!

The production show aboard the Oasis was magical! Hairspray was SO good! Fun, engaging, entertaining! Really wonderful production. I understand Chicago is just as great.

Since the Oasis is the first, they supposedly worked out some kinks when they built the Allure... so you can take that into consideration... but I feel that you'll have a fantastic time regardless of which nearly identical mega-ship you choose.

Happy cruising!

Archived