Distance from Westin Diplomat to the Broadwalk?

Cozzette2

We are staying at the Westin Diplomat and I am wondering if the distance to the broadwalk is walkable from there. It is kind of hard to tell from the map. We are all in good enough shape to do some walking and would love to check out some of the shops and retaurants on the broadwalk.

Kris

We are staying at the Westin Diplomat and I am wondering if the distance to the broadwalk is walkable from there. It is kind of hard to tell from the map. We are all in good enough shape to do some walking and would love to check out some of the shops and retaurants on the broadwalk.

Kris

Yes, you definitely can but it's a weird walk. You need to walk through a couple of parking lots.

I don't think it is more than a quarter of a mile. There is also a sidewalk on AIA I think.

It's fun to rent bikes and bike the broadwalk.

I'm not sure what the "official" southern point of the Broadwalk is, or if the google map is up to date, but Jefferson St looks to be about the south end of the nicely bricked beachfront walkway, and this is about a mile north of the Diplomat.

Just back a few weeks ago from staying at the Westin. Yes the broadwalk is about a mile north of the Westin. The hollywood trolley will pick you up right in front of the Westin and take you to the braodwalk for $1.00. Ask the driver to drop you off at Johnson Street which is the center of the broadwalk. You can walk either way from that point. The broadwalk is 2.5 miles long. The trolley will pick you back up at the same point it dropped you off at. Make sure the trolley sign says South Beach in the window. The trolley will drop you off directly in front of the Westin again. You can go to Hollywood dot org to download a free vacation guide that has a very nice map of the broadwalk along with all the resteraunts on the broadwalk. Enjoy, you will have a fantastic time.

Archived