Valuables during Water Sports?

mmisaac

While visiting the beaches and doing shore excursions at ports, what do you do with your valuables such as money, ID, etc? Are there usually lockers? Also, if I take my own snorkle equipment, what do I do with it while in the water if not snorkeling? Any ideas?

Thanks ya'll!

We bought a little waterproof case from our local scuba shop for about $7 for our ID, key, $, etc. I think they usually sell these on the ships also. We just took a disposable water camera instead of our good camera to the beach. Luckily, there is someone we had met onboard who was close by to watch our snorkel gear when we were away and not using it.

We did the same as ontheopenseas and used a waterproof case. One time snorkling I did get water in the case. This time I will put the cash in a "snack plastic bag" just in case. We used the disposable underwater cameras and the pictures on both land and sea came out great. We reserved the digital for non-beach/catamaran trips.

<LI>Tropicale ~ 5/93 <LI> Norwegian Wind ~ Hawaii ~ 4/4/03 <LI>Norwegian Majesty ~ Bermuda~ 5/30/04 <LI>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda!

lmkbubblfsh.gif

icon_cool.gif I too was wondering about snorkeling. I'm thinking in Hawaii that we might be able to walk to snorkel areas or take a taxi. What can you do with any clothes/towels that you wouldn't take into the water. Do any Hawaii ports have areas where you can rent a locker for a few hours??? We'll be on the Wind in October for the 11 day, so, hopefully, we'll see all the islands and would like to snorkel as much as possible. Thanks for any info. icon_cool.gif

In Hawaii the beaches are all public. There are lots of places to snorkel. I have left clothes etc on the beach while I snorkeled. You don't want to leave anything valuable with your clothes/towel bundle. I had a watch stollen from my cover-up before at a big public beach on Oahu. Wear the waterproof wallet with you ID/ money etc.

Marilyn

NCL Sun 4/02 - Carnival Elation 6/02 - NCL Norway 8/02

NCL Dawn 6/03 - RCI Monarch 1/04 - NCL Dawn 6/04

Archived