Passport change

Sarapdot

I saw a post on here where someone said that the new passport law would require you to have a passport to go to mexico by Dec. 31 of this year (2005) I will be cruising in Nov. and wondered if I should go ahead and get a passport now to save any trouble from occuring. Does anyone know if this is true?:confused:

Here is the language concerning the changes. You will be fine for this year, but as said above, why risk it? Mexico would be after December 31, 2006

December 31, 2005 – Passport or other accepted document required for all travel (air/sea) to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

December 31, 2006 – Passport or other accepted document required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.

December 31, 2007 – Passport or other accepted document required for all air, sea and land border crossings.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2225.html

Absolutely, positively get it now. You know that when the 12/31/2005 deadline approaches, there will be a ton of last-minute requests for first-timers, and then there are always renewals.

I hate to think how long it will take to get a passport issued or renewed if you wait.

T

Archived