Disney Magic Category 9C vs 9B

cruiser1616

We are thinking of taking the Disney Magic from NYC to the Bahamas in June, 2012. The Deluxe Oceanview rooms are in the right price range for our budget. There is a small price difference between category 9C and category 9B. Both seem to be on Deck 2 with a large porthole window. What is the difference? Also - we have cruised in the past and had a balcony, but the price of the verandah rooms are much higher than the ocean view rooms...any thoughts on the ocean view rooms? Oh one other thing ... it looks like we can only get a room on "guarantee". What does that mean? thank you very much in advance!

We are thinking of taking the Disney Magic from NYC to the Bahamas in June, 2012. The Deluxe Oceanview rooms are in the right price range for our budget. There is a small price difference between category 9C and category 9B. Both seem to be on Deck 2 with a large porthole window. What is the difference? Also - we have cruised in the past and had a balcony, but the price of the verandah rooms are much higher than the ocean view rooms...any thoughts on the ocean view rooms? Oh one other thing ... it looks like we can only get a room on "guarantee". What does that mean? thank you very much in advance!

We have been on both the Magic and the Wonder (same configuration). We always book a 9C GTY. 2 of our 4 cruises we got a little upgrade to 9B.

The only differences are the 9B has a slightly larger porthole window. The window in the 9C was quite large, so it didn't seem to make a great deal of difference. Personally, I'm quite happy with the oceanview rooms. Another difference is the 9Bs are more midship, 9Cs are forward and aft of the 9Bs.

GTY means you book a room in a certain category (for example 9C). You will receive your room assignment from DCL at a later date (sometimes not until you actually check-in). With the GTY you agree that you will accept whatever room DCL wants to put you in. DCL agrees to place you in a room of AT LEAST the category you booked.

Some people feel that taking a GTY booking put them in a better position for getting an upgrade (to a higher category). While this does happen, it's not a given, upgrades happen when DCL needs your room for some other reason, and places you in a different room (sometimes a higher category). But you are guaranteed you will have at least the category you booked.

:)

• 2 months later...

Hate to bump an old thread but I have a similar question.

9C vs 9B. It says that the 9C room is 204 sqft vs 214 sqft for 9B

Anyone know what the difference in configuration is?

9B category is Guarantee while 9C lets you pick rooms.

Any advise? Personally to me a room is a room as long as it's in the category I want but I never tried this guarantee booking before.

Hate to bump an old thread but I have a similar question.

9C vs 9B. It says that the 9C room is 204 sqft vs 214 sqft for 9B

Anyone know what the difference in configuration is?

9B category is Guarantee while 9C lets you pick rooms.

Any advise? Personally to me a room is a room as long as it's in the category I want but I never tried this guarantee booking before.

I believe the difference is just in the location of the room. The rooms more midship might be a bit larger just because of how they needed to shape them to conform to the ship.

The layouts in both rooms is the same.

We usually book 9Cs. In 5 cruises we've been assigned 3 9Cs and 2 9Bs.

:)

Archived