Best beach to go to see monkeys in St. Kitts???

Kjmathews

We are sailing on the Carnival Victory and will be going to the Southern Carribean, and I would like to know what beach is best to take pictures, and see some of the monkeys....

We saw a few cross the road in front of our taxi on the way to cockleshell beach, but didn't see any at the beach. They survive by staying scarce. Enjoy St. Kitts, we loved it.

As soon as you get thru the archway into the marketplace you will see all kinds of monkeys....people will be carrying around 2 or 3...a lot of them babies...and they push them at you to hold them and will even put one on your head! Don't worry they will be wearing diapers! As soon as you take a picture the guy will hold out his hand and say "$10! If you are on a tour they also may be where the tour bus stops. You will see plenty of monkeys that way but we never saw any in the wild. The Southern route is a great one. Have fun!

As soon as you get thru the archway into the marketplace you will see all kinds of monkeys....people will be carrying around 2 or 3...a lot of them babies...and they push them at you to hold them and will even put one on your head! Don't worry they will be wearing diapers!

And they have teeth too. If one bites or scratches you, how are you going to find out if the monkey has had their rabies shot. Are you going to believe the guy whose shoulder the monkey was on?

We are sailing on the Carnival Victory and will be going to the Southern Carribean, and I would like to know what beach is best to take pictures, and see some of the monkeys....

We went to the beach at the Shipwreck Bar & Grill. I believe they have a schedule where you can feed the monkeys.

I don't know if it's the best beach to see monkeys but they're there...Cockleshell Beach. We saw them on the ride to the beach and there was one that was tame that a guy had on the beach. We were told that they come down from the hills and steal beers but we never saw that happen. It would have been cool though!

Here is my blog post on St. Kitts: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/search?q=st.+kitts

Archived