Celebrity Cruisetour to Iguazu Falls (3Days)

ganny3

Has anyone taken this tour from Buenos Aires with Celebrity? Do you know if it goes to the Argentina side of the falls? One Celebrity spokesperson said the Brazil side and one said Argentina. I am interested in knowing how much, if any Buenos Aires touring is included in the tour. I want to know if we need to plan touring Buenos Aires on our own before or after the cruisetour. I know it is an easy DIY for some of you, but we want someone else to handle the logistics and the luggage.

Thanks in Advance and Happy New Year!

Barbara

Has anyone taken this tour from Buenos Aires with Celebrity? Do you know if it goes to the Argentina side of the falls? One Celebrity spokesperson said the Brazil side and one said Argentina. I am interested in knowing how much, if any Buenos Aires touring is included in the tour. I want to know if we need to plan touring Buenos Aires on our own before or after the cruisetour. I know it is an easy DIY for some of you, but we want someone else to handle the logistics and the luggage.

Thanks in Advance and Happy New Year!

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

I am not on a Celebrity cruise so I cannot answer your specific questions about the tour. It is a very easy DIY as far as planning is concerned, however I won't be sure of that until March.

My advice is to post this question on the Celebrity forum as well as here. There may be more folks familiar with Celebrity's tour over there since here there are questions of a general nature for SA and not cruise-specific.

Others on your roll call may also be helpful.

I hope this helps.

Terri

If you want X to take care of the logistics, you pay a premium. Their itinerary in the past has included local BA touring as well as time at a ranch, and a tango show, all of which can be booked through most of the major hotels in BA. If you find that you need more time to see BA, also note that you can take a shore excursion through X the day after boarding since you don't leave port until the evening of day 2. (These ideas or for pre-cruise) On your own you might consider staying at a BA hotel for a night or two, leaving your luggage at the hotel, then returning for a night or two. You decide what you are going to see and when. X in the past got blanket visas to enter Brazil on Iguazu CT. Don't know what they are doing now. On your own, be aware of your visa needs.

If you want X to take care of the logistics, you pay a premium. Their itinerary in the past has included local BA touring as well as time at a ranch, and a tango show, all of which can be booked through most of the major hotels in BA. If you find that you need more time to see BA, also note that you can take a shore excursion through X the day after boarding since you don't leave port until the evening of day 2. (These ideas or for pre-cruise) On your own you might consider staying at a BA hotel for a night or two, leaving your luggage at the hotel, then returning for a night or two. You decide what you are going to see and when. X in the past got blanket visas to enter Brazil on Iguazu CT. Don't know what they are doing now. On your own, be aware of your visa needs.

Thanks so much for the information.

Barbara

Barbara I was looking at Princess pre cruise tour for Jan. 21 Star Princess. Doing some research I found that the temperature at the Falls during Jan runs in the range of 95 F and has over 90% humidity. Since I just do not tolerate the heat I ruled it out. Please post some pictures so I see the wonder that I am missing. Maybe I can go in the winter time when it is merely 80's.

Barbara I was looking at Princess pre cruise tour for Jan. 21 Star Princess. Doing some research I found that the temperature at the Falls during Jan runs in the range of 95 F and has over 90% humidity. Since I just do not tolerate the heat I ruled it out. Please post some pictures so I see the wonder that I am missing. Maybe I can go in the winter time when it is merely 80's.

Since I haven't been I really can't tell you exactly what to expect. Being from central Texas I am use to the heat and the humidity so I haven't worried too much about that. Here is the link to a cruise critic review that has some amazing pictures of the falls.

http://www.thepreismans.com/So_America.htm

and a youtube video that you might want to take a look at.

Good luck with your decision.

Barbara

Iguazu Falls is endemic for Yellow Fever. If you are going to the falls you should get the vaccinations to be protected. This applies whether or not your cruise is requiring the vaccine. If you do not get the shot, you are at risk. The YF mosquito is a DAYTIME MOSQUITO and thrives in this area. It does not matter whether you go to the Brazil side or not. Insects have no borders. If you don't get innoculated, make sure you have plenty of insect repellent with DEET and limit skin exposure with clothing with long pants and long sleeves.

Just a word of advice.

Terri

Iguazu Falls is endemic for Yellow Fever. If you are going to the falls you should get the vaccinations to be protected. This applies whether or not your cruise is requiring the vaccine. If you do not get the shot, you are at risk. The YF mosquito is a DAYTIME MOSQUITO and thrives in this area. It does not matter whether you go to the Brazil side or not. Insects have no borders. If you don't get innoculated, make sure you have plenty of insect repellent with DEET and limit skin exposure with clothing with long pants and long sleeves.

Just a word of advice.

Terri

Thank you for the information. I have already been talking to my MD about what I need for the trip in the way of vaccines.

Barbara

Archived