Flowers

ME Guide

Does anyone know if you are allowed to carry on flowers at embarkation? Yes, I do know that flowers can be purchased on board. Thank you in advance.;)

I have done it in Seattle as well as in Dominica (port stop) but that was a few years ago.

I've bought flowers from the port on the island of Hawaii (arrangements in a container) and a fresh flower bouquet from Ponta Delgado in the Azores ( vase was already in my cabin from a previous bouquet that was spent). Typically, I can only get live arrangements to last 7 days. If we are on a 14 day cruise, my husband buys me an arrangement thru the gift shop online and then we find something in port for the last leg of the trip. If we are in Concierge level, I enjoy the provided flowers. Sometimes a bouquet is sent from the Captain's Club. Flowers are something special for me. I don't have live flowers at home.. my calico cat thinks they are for her. " Buttons, leave Mommy's flowers alone!!":p

We picked up three lovey bunches at Publix for just $12 before boarding Infinity in Port Everglades in December. Despite having to carry them around from 10:00-15:30 [because of the drawn-out boarding process post-dry-dock] the flowers lasted well over a week. [We were really impressed, Publix!] Although it was embarkation day, our wonderful butler, Jose, took the time to arrange the flowers beautifully for us [while I kept telling him he must be far too bsy to do that].

We are already planning to buy more next year when, hopefully, boarding will be much easier.

Sue

Thank you everyone! I love flowers and will be stopping at Publix for soda prior to boarding so this will be very convenient. I vase of flowers will make a lovely addition to our FV. I am also looking forward to checking out the local vendors on the islands we visit.

Happy New Year everyone! May all your cruise wishes come true.

Archived