Ocean View room question

heatherdbullard

I'm new to cruising, and have a question about the ocean view rooms. Do the ocean view rooms have balconies or room to go outside? I assumed ocean view was just a window but the photo on the celebrity infinity info page showed the ocean view room with a door to the balcony area. Thanks for any help! Heather

I'm new to cruising, and have a question about the ocean view rooms. Do the ocean view rooms have balconies or room to go outside? I assumed ocean view was just a window but the photo on the celebrity infinity info page showed the ocean view room with a door to the balcony area. Thanks for any help! Heather

No, ocean view means just that, a window to look out. When it says verandah, it means you have a balcony. Watch for price reductions, sometimes the verandas land up to be the same price. Enjoy whatever cabin you take, once you start cruising, you will be hooked.

It is not your fault that you are confused. The Celebrity website and their documentation department refer to their standard veranda staterooms as "Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Veranda" cabins. However, sometimes Celebrity drops the word "veranda" from the label, and then you have to look further in the description to see if there IS a veranda. I'm fairly sure that if it says DELUXE Ocean View, they are talking about a cabin with a veranda.

If it just says "Ocean View Stateroom", it usually just has the window, but then again, not always, as I have discovered. It is headache-producing, for sure. If the code is OV (for Ocean View) then it is window only.

Depends on many things - where you're cruising, if you don't plan to be in your cabin except to change clothes and sleep, if you don't mind not having a view of the ocean while you're in your cabin ... you get the idea. Everyone's priorities are different so you have to decide if the difference in price is worth it to you. Personally I could never not have at least a window to the outside (and I've only sailed once without a verandah and that's because I was in a Celebrity Suite) ... but that's me. Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Ask yourself a few simple questions.

1. Do you plan on being in the room at all? Only to Sleep

If you do not mind an inside cabin Light you will always keep on, make you feel locked in

Ocean view, only be able to look out if the window is perfectly clean, and they do clean at ports.

Or have the freedom to come back any time you want pop thebalcany door open fresh ocean air. breakfst served, or even dinner. imagine all that extra 6 feet max room you have.

We had a ocean view, and will no longer go back to any closed room, Val whatever, Balcany room it is?

It is well worth the few dollars . relaxation at its best.:)

When you decide let us all know, so you can thank us over and over

Thanks for clarifying that. We are trying to decide if splurging for a veranda is worth it....we were thinking of getting an inside cabin and just walking outside if we wanted to look at the scenery. Is a balcony worth twice the cost?

I have travelled in suites and verandas when travelling with my DH. He won't travel in a room without access to fresh sea air.

However, when travelling alone, I have travelled in ocean view cabins and inside cabins, and am happy in both. The inside is very snug and quiet. It's a great place to read, or watch the odd movie, and I sleep very well there. As I often have a great deal of difficulty sleeping, that is a gift in itself. There are all kinds of places on the ship that I can go, at no extra cost, to comfortably access fresh air and the view.

So if it would mean being able to take two cruises instead of one, then I would be happy in an inside. If I was likely only to be able to take one cruise in the next five years, then I would probably treat myself by moving up to a balcony.

If you feel more comfortable committing to the cost of an inside at present, watch your cruise diligently....you might get a price drop and be able to upgrade to a veranda at little or no extra cost. You can tell by how well the ship is selling, about five or six months out, if you are likely to see a price drop.

Archived