Where's the best place for lunch?

guntheros

We love to try local food and would like a good recommendation of somewhere to go for lunch, preferably on a beach somewhere. We plan on going to Payne's to snorkel and see the sea turtles, but would like to see a different area and have lunch there. Any suggestions would be great!

We love to try local food and would like a good recommendation of somewhere to go for lunch, preferably on a beach somewhere. We plan on going to Payne's to snorkel and see the sea turtles, but would like to see a different area and have lunch there. Any suggestions would be great!

Here's a link to a review of Mustor's, the place where we ate lunch last week when we visited Barbados.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/826645

Our taxi driver, Ishmael, recommended this place in downtown Bridgetown when we asked about a good place to eat a flying fish sandwich. We were the only tourists in the place despite its location 30 steps away from Diamonds International.

On past trips, we've eaten at the restaurant at Crane Beach Hotel. The hotel and restaurant are at the top of a high plateau overlooking the strong Atlantic surf. Great view! Great flying fish sandwiches! However, based on what Ishmael told us, this would no longer qualify as a place with much local charm. When we first started eating there, the entire hotel had 17 rooms. Now, Ishmael claims it is the largest hotel on the island.

I know there are a couple of places that overlook the spectacular Atlantic coastline, but I can't remember any names. Ask a taxi driver or the tourist information desk presumably located in the building at the port. (Although I may be getting my islands mixed up!)

Incidentally, to get a taxi, you'll need to walk through the main building at the port across to a smaller building under some palm trees. That is the taxi dispatch area.

Any other suggestions? We really are looking for a fun beach place for lunch!

Hi Nicole, See that you are getting the same replays as I have. Checking out on the Web. there is suppose to be good amount of little food stands and some restaurants there also between Paynes beach and the dock there are Quite a lot of eating places. See you on the ship or at Paynes Beach

Paul

Archived