Whale watching in Cabo question.

Mist_ynight

I'm looking at the whale watching excursion in Cabo and I notice that I'm above the weight limit stated. Do you think they will ask me what my weight is? I would really like to do this but I don't want to book it and then get turned down when I get there. Has anyone done this who is over the weight limit? I'm pretty surprised at the limit, I'm a large woman but I'm not that big. I don't see how it's a safety issue as I've ridden in my step grandfathers small zodiac and on my first cruise I did an excursion where were were in the same type of boat.

We did a whale watching tour in Cabo Jan. 2010. We used caboecotours. We were on a really nice large catamaran. I don't think you would have any problems with weight issues on that type of a boat. AND we did get to see some whales! It was a fantastic excursion!!

We've used Pez Gato for whale watching in Cabo. They have a large catamaran as well, and there was no mention of any weight limit. I am large, and my sister is even larger....but there were no problems. We saw several whales and had a great time!

I actually saw a zodiac boat out there at the same time, and the people looked so uncomfortable...like they were sandwiched in and couldn't move, whereas we had plenty of room to stretch out.

I think Oceanriders is the one that has a weight restriction-their boats only hold 15 people plus crew and are small and seats are very close together. I believe, you get in and stay seated the entire time, whereas a catamaran might give you the ability to move around. Have fun!!

thanks for the info. I really like the look of the catamaran from cabo eco tours. I'm a little concerned with timing since the excursion is 9:30 and we don't dock until 8. They want us there at 8:45. Since we have to get a tender I don't know if we'll make it in time. It's only $21 person or $27 a person with breakfast and alcohol (Not that I want the alcohol but breakfast might be nice.)

Archived