Cruise Chat

iv18-Diane

Hi All,

If you want to chat about cruising or you have any Questions about cruising, Join us in the Cruise Cafe. You must have AOL to assess this chat.

It is fully hosted. It Meets 9-11pm Eastern, 7 days a week.

AOL KEYWORD-Cruise Cafe

aol://4344:561.ccafe.1702123.599518938

Diane G

Hi,

Btw, this Chat is part of Cruise Critic. It started when Cruise Critic was only on AOL in the Early 90s I believe.

Also, you can have AOL and High speed internet.

We do have regulars in the chat, but with the posts its nice meeting new people.

Diane G

Then maybe Cruise Critic should consider that the majority of their members probably don't have AOL and look into another solution.... These constant posts are similar to saying "I'm having a party at my house, you are all welcome to come, but only if you have blue shoes... if you don't have blue shoes, you can't join in on the fun, sorry" :rolleyes:

If cruise critic was going to have a chat why dont they add a chat feature on this site?:confused:

I don't think it is a "Cruise Critic" chat any longer? Since you cannot find any information about it on the site... It would make since if it were a CC chat, it would be listed SOMEWHERE....

• Administrators

I believe I can shed a bit of "light" on this issue.

The "Cruise Cafe" referenced here actually does belong to Cruise Critic. Some of you may remember that our first home was only on AOL....and we operated our editiorial content, message boards and a chat room, known as the Cruise Cafe. The chat room is staffed with Cruise Critic folks who are full-fledged AOL Community Leaders.

However, we purposely do not advertise or promote the Cruise Cafe on our Internet site. Why? Well, the majority of our 132,000 members here do not have AOL. Most of you access directly via the Internet -- do not pass AOL .

That should clear up this issue. I will add that we are very close to opening our web-based chat. The format will, of course, be different, but we're anticipating some great new chat shows and, of course, being able to bring back those cruise line execs as "special guests" for your interactive pleasure.

Laura

Chat Room Chat Room Chat Room YIPPEE!!! {{{dancing around like a drunk fool}}} Chat Room Chat Room Chat Room RAH RAH YAY!!!

Careful now......you may be considered in the "Rah- Rah Club" with carrying ons like THAT!:eek:

Archived