Carnival Victory - guest who sailed in 2011 Question

nae418

Hello:

I am sailing on August 5th on the Carnival Victory and have questions.

1. I know that on our only Sea day, there will be a Tea time, where is the Tea held on the ship and what time?

2. I am are choosing Early Dinner, is this dinner at 6pm? and which dinning room will I be in? Pacific or Atlantic?

3. Does the Victory have an ATM? and how much is the surcharge to use it, if needed.

4. Wi-fi is only available in public areas?

5. Has anyone taken a taxi to Red Hook and took a Ferry to St. John? what is the going price for a R/T taxi and the price of the R/T ticket on the Ferry.

6. Has anyone taken a taxi from the Cruise terminal to the San Juan Airport? if so, what was the cost? $$

7. Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Ambassador Plaza hotel pre-cruise? how was your stay and how did you get from the hotel to the Cruise terminal? if shuttle service, how much? $$ if taxi, how much? $$

8. Does anyone know what the price would be to have a bottle of Rum and a bottle of Vodka ordered to a stateroom, I heard it was a little on the pricey side? Is all the liquor one ordered one size?

9. Has anyone taken a taxi in St. Maarten to Airport Beach? how much was the taxi? Can you rent beach chairs and umbrellas there? Is there a place at Airport beach where I could get some decent food?

Any help would be appreciated. Happy New Year! and Happy Sailing.

Hello:

1. I know that on our only Sea day, there will be a Tea time, where is the Tea held on the ship and what time?

On our cruise it was held at 3pm in the library

2. I am are choosing Early Dinner, is this dinner at 6pm? and which dinning room will I be in? Pacific or Atlantic?

Early dining is at 6pm. You will be assigned to a dining room when you board the ship - no way to know ahead.

3. Does the Victory have an ATM? and how much is the surcharge to use it, if needed.

Yes - same as all Carnival ships - $6. I'd wait 'till you get to St. Thomas and take cash there - although it's the first port, so not sure that's a lot of help. Another way to do it is to move money to the slot machines and then cash your bank out -

4. Wi-fi is only available in public areas?

We didn't use wi-fi, so I can't speak to this one - but we have gotten wi-fi signals in our stateroom on other ships - I think it kind of depends where your stateroom is located.

5. Has anyone taken a taxi to Red Hook and took a Ferry to St. John? what is the going price for a R/T taxi and the price of the R/T ticket on the Ferry.

Haven't done this for awhile - but I believe the ferry is $11 per person each way - check the port of call boards.

6. Has anyone taken a taxi from the Cruise terminal to the San Juan Airport? if so, what was the cost? $$

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/

7. Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Ambassador Plaza hotel pre-cruise? how was your stay and how did you get from the hotel to the Cruise terminal? if shuttle service, how much? $$ if taxi, how much? $$

8. Does anyone know what the price would be to have a bottle of Rum and a bottle of Vodka ordered to a stateroom, I heard it was a little on the pricey side? Is all the liquor one ordered one size?

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/170034/885050.aspx

9. Has anyone taken a taxi in St. Maarten to Airport Beach? how much was the taxi? Can you rent beach chairs and umbrellas there? Is there a place at Airport beach where I could get some decent food?

You can rent chairs and umbrellas and there is a restaurant. Allow extra time to get back to the port. Don't remember cost.

Have a fun trip

Hello:

2. I am are choosing Early Dinner, is this dinner at 6pm? and which dinning room will I be in? Pacific or Atlantic? -- It could be either one, you can make adjustments on the E-Day with the Maitre'd after you get on board.

3. Does the Victory have an ATM? and how much is the surcharge to use it, if needed. -- There is an ATM but never had to use it.

4. Wi-fi is only available in public areas? -- Only in the internet cafe for a charge.

7. Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Ambassador Plaza hotel pre-cruise? how was your stay and how did you get from the hotel to the Cruise terminal? if shuttle service, how much? $$ if taxi, how much? $$ -- We stayed at this hotel and was satisfied with the rooms and resturant. This is a casion hotel, we did ok here; my mom won a progressive jackpot on a video poker machine. The Taxi fare to the treminal was about $20.00 that included the tip. Taxi prices are set for each zone.

I was able to answer a couple. I hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

WiFi is available all around the ship. I take my laptop and use it to get on Carnival . com's Funville Forums for free. I don't buy Internet minutes, too much money for the slow service. I go to a Wi Fi spot in port. Ask any people who work there, they will tell you where to go.

I have never been on the Victory, so can't answer any other questions.

Archived