Thomson Dream - 9 June - 23 June 2012

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum as found your posts really helpful and interesting.

I'm going on the Thomson Dream in June next year for the Med Medley/Treasures of the Med itineraries. Booked a couple of days ago :o)

Was on the Dream last year for a cruise and stay. Sounds terrible but after a week on the Dream the hotel week would have been rubbish in comparison whatever happened (and the sad thing is the hotel would have seemed great if not stuck by the side of the cruise week!)

Anyways I thought I'd say hi, and hope to enjoy your contributions and contribute myself.

AJ

Welcome to the Forum AJ. :)

We did this itinerary on Dream in July last year and really enjoyed it. The ports of call were great and we adopted a DiY approach at most. I know what you mean about cruise and stay - if we were working I'd probably enjoy the restful bit of the 'stay' but we just love going somewhere different everyday and I know I'd miss the entertainment and atmosphere on board so we stick to the back-to-back cruise option.

Happy cruising! :)

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum as found your posts really helpful and interesting.

I'm going on the Thomson Dream in June next year for the Med Medley/Treasures of the Med itineraries. Booked a couple of days ago :o)

Was on the Dream last year for a cruise and stay. Sounds terrible but after a week on the Dream the hotel week would have been rubbish in comparison whatever happened (and the sad thing is the hotel would have seemed great if not stuck by the side of the cruise week!)

Anyways I thought I'd say hi, and hope to enjoy your contributions and contribute myself.

AJ

Hi Dark Defender

Hooray . Someone on the same cruise as us, although Mrs Smnb and I start on the 16 June for a week on the Treasures of the Med itinery. Envious that you will have been on board for a week before us.

Now Christmas is over looking forward to it so much

P.S Dark Defender, Please don't drink all the Strong Bow

Hi Dark Defender

Hooray . Someone on the same cruise as us, although Mrs Smnb and I start on the 16 June for a week on the Treasures of the Med itinery. Envious that you will have been on board for a week before us.

Ha probably more chance of me destroying the coca cola and perhaps some spirits and cocktails on occasion so you're Strongbow is safe!

Thanks D.Def. and welcome.

After our first Thomsons cruise we were impressed and thinking about a cruise and stay, so would you advise a hotel week prior to the cruise, so that we don´t feel dissappointed or should we B2B ?? Your choice?

mari, Lanzarote

Would never do a cruise and stay again felt so depressed when we left the ship even though we went to a 4 star hotel I felt abandoned. So would do stay and cruise or b2b if all the ports were different wouldnt do 2 weeks of colourful coasts as you are repeating the itinery. Hope that helps oh and broken the news to hubby tonight about his surprise cruise hes very excited. worth the planning.

shirley

Would never do a cruise and stay again felt so depressed when we left the ship even though we went to a 4 star hotel I felt abandoned. So would do stay and cruise or b2b if all the ports were different wouldnt do 2 weeks of colourful coasts as you are repeating the itinery. Hope that helps oh and broken the news to hubby tonight about his surprise cruise hes very excited. worth the planning.

shirley

Hi Shirley

I'm sure your hubby was over the moon!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one to lose my smile from the point of having to pack to leave the ship, even though a 4 star adult only beachfront seaview hotel room awaited!

AJ

Hi Dark Defender

Same goes for you regarding the Strongbow smnb64! We will join Dream on the 23rd after a week in the Son Matius so leave some for me!

Same goes for you regarding the Strongbow smnb64! We will join Dream on the 23rd after a week in the Son Matius so leave some for me!

I certainly will Ronjea. After the San Meguel in Majorca you might need the Strong Bow :D. I'm jealous of all the stay and cruise people on here though.

We`ve always done the stay and cruise but for the first time this year were doing the cruise and stay.Doesn`t put me off one bit.At the end of the day we`ll be going back to the hotel we`ve been at for the last two years so know what were going to and the standard.Its virtually on par with the Thomson Dream anyway.

Archived