Camp Carnival Dream Anxiety!

hopesicle

I've read a couple negative posts about the Camp Carnival staff on the Dream. We're sailing 1/14/12 on the Dream and though when we booked it was supposed to be just my husband and I (it's our 10 year anniversary), childcare plans have fallen through because my mom is ill and we may have to take our 2 1/2 year old with us.

I'm very nervous about the posts I've read; however, they seem to be from 2010. Would love to hear from anyone who has used the Camp Carnival program on the Dream recently, especially if you have a 2 or 3 year old.

Thank you!

Hope

We were on the Dream in October 2011... and our 10 year old loved it. She's been a part of Camp Carnival on three other Carnival cruises ...when she was younger...and loved those programs as well. I was really impressed with the Dream's facilities - regarding Camp Carnival. And, I've always been impressed with the Camp Carnival staff, and really liked the security. That's very important to me... as I'm sure it is to all parents; and I never had a moment's worry with my child being in their care.

Have a great trip!

• 2 months later...

We just got back yesterday. My kids are 9 and 4. They loved Camp Carnival. I had read the reviews about the staff but found them all to be really pleasant when I interacted with them. There were 1000 kids on our sailing and they seemed pleasant throughout.

My 9 year old spent a lot of time at Camp Carnival. She enjoyed the activities and spending time with her new friends. I asked her how the staff was (because of all the negative reviews I'd read). She did say one of the staff told her she hated her job and missed her family but I don't know what the context of that conversation was (or how accurate the comment was). They had great activities (scavenger hunts every day, night swimming one night, movies, dances, etc). One night they have a party that lasts until 3am ($33 per child) and they bring the kids back to the cabin. That's only for the 9-11 group.

My 4 year old went for a few afternoon activities (we spent sea day mornings at the pool) and many of the evening activities.

I agree that both preferred camp over hanging out with mom and dad.

Archived