Lost IPod reminded me of this incident.

Mrs. Wilburforce

I was reading the thread about the couple who left their IPod behind and I remembered this incident from our recent Island cruise.

My DS and SIL were going to get something to eat. I wasn't hungry yet and was really worn out so I told them I was going to stay behind and relax.

About 45 minutes later DS runs into the room very excitable and proceeds to tell me that she used the key to our room in a door with the "do not disturb" sign out and walked in on a man in his bathrobe. Our room attendant had been chasing her down the hall when he realized what was going to happen, but he was too late.

She thought I had put the sign out. What's really disturbing is that our key fit his door, and I wonder how the attendant knew something was going to happen especially considering she had the wrong key? Presumably she wasn't able to disturb his peace.

It was highly embarrassing to them both. The shock on both their faces would have made a Kodak moment. We used the extra lock after that incident.

Sounds like the purser's desk punched in the wrong cabin # on the keycards.

your cabin keycard is nothing more than a mag strip which has a unique code on it that is linked to the lock on your cabin door.

I work at a hotel in las vegas and if the front desk enters the wrong code on multiple keycards... you would have access to multiple rooms/cabins on board the ship.

thats why the housekeepers have access to ALL the rooms, they have master keys so I would blame this on the front desk this time. :eek:

Archived