Booking entertainment on Oasis

We are sailing 3/17 on Oasis and I was on RCCL's website booking shows and speciality dining. I was not able to book multiple nights for the same show....meaning it wouldn't let me book the comedy show or Oasis of Dreams more than once the whole cruise. I know I've read in reviews that people have seen the same show multiple times during the cruise. Are you guaranteed a seat only once and if I want to see something again then you wait in the standby line?

We are sailing 3/17 on Oasis and I was on RCCL's website booking shows and speciality dining. I was not able to book multiple nights for the same show....meaning it wouldn't let me book the comedy show or Oasis of Dreams more than once the whole cruise. I know I've read in reviews that people have seen the same show multiple times during the cruise. Are you guaranteed a seat only once and if I want to see something again then you wait in the standby line?

They only let you make advance reservations once per show to allow everyone a chance to reserve a seat. Later in the week you coud wait in the stand-by line if you want to see the same show again.

Are you guaranteed a seat only once and if I want to see something again then you wait in the standby line?

Yes and yes. But you need to get there by at least 10 min before to get in before the standbys. With that said, however, every show (did not attend Comedy) we were at had seats available just minutes before or as the show started. Never really saw a standby line. This was 12/17/11 sailing.

Awesome, thanks! I was figuring if I scheduled an early ice show or a later comedy show and didn't make it then I would have a backup. Also realized that Giovanni's takes kids....it allowed me to book our 7 yr old! You learn something new everyday.....

Archived