Gecko Tours ATV

Marylandteachergirl

• 3 weeks later...

we did this, this past summer. Had a great time. It is definitely not for the weak of heart but it is also not crazy. My guess is that they go as fast or slow as the people on the tour seem to be able to handle. We had a couple that was leading. When the man was leading, we were moving very fast. When the woman was leading - much slower.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did this tour about a week ago. There was two of us and we shared one ATV (my gf (27) and my self (29) and had a great time. About 1/3 of the tour is on paved roads and the other 2/3 is of roading. You do not get crazy muddy. There was numerous puddles that we went through and numerous ATV's in our group went slow, while I went a little faster and did get decently muddy on my legs and shoes. Average speed was around low 20's mph and got up to 30 mph as a top speed. Overall had a great time and would recommened this tour. Afterwards we stayed at the beach where we left from. If there are any other questions I can answer please let me know.

No need to wear shoes. We both wore gym shoes but it was not needed. Looking back at it, I would have worn flip flops so my shoes did not get all muddy and smelly from going through the mud puddles. But beware that your feet will get wet. You do not use your feet at all to accelerate/brake, its all with your hands.

From the dock to their shop, its prob at most a 5 min walk, I would say more like 3 min. From there they take you in a cab to their ATV site, right across from Rainbow beach.

Thanks for this information!! We will be on this tour in March. I was going to wear clod-hoppers, but now I will wear my flip flops or sandals instead. I read somewhere that one group went to the Domino Club with the beer-guzzling pigs. Did you do that? Was it hard getting a cab ride back to the ship from Rainbow Beach? Is there a restaurant for lunch or a bar or music there? Was it extremely crowded? Thanks again!

It's an independent tour. I think the ship had some 4X4 tours, but no ATVs. And they only have three openings for cruise ship passengers per day, 5 ATVs, 2 person max per ATV (obviously). The first is I think at 9:00, second one at 12:00, and last one at 2:00 if I recall correctly They book quickly. For my March cruise two time slots are already filled up! I think the tour was 1 1/2 to 2 hours and the tour ends at Rainbow Beach. You are responsible for your transportation back to beach, which I think I read is like a mile. And it's 125 dollars per ATV. http://www.geckosislandadventures.com/

We just stayed at Rainbow beach. If not they will drive you back to their shop which is a 3 min walk to the pier. It was not hard getting a cab back from Rainbow beach, it was $3 per person and about a 5 min drive, if that.

There is a restaurant/bar at the beach serving food and drinks. There was a 3 person band as well, playing guitar and steel drums. It was not extremely crowded but we did get there at around 1:45 and stayed for 3 hours or so. You are able to rent beach chairs if you would like as well as waverunners.

Thanks for this information!! We will be on this tour in March. I was going to wear clod-hoppers, but now I will wear my flip flops or sandals instead. I read somewhere that one group went to the Domino Club with the beer-guzzling pigs. Did you do that? Was it hard getting a cab ride back to the ship from Rainbow Beach? Is there a restaurant for lunch or a bar or music there? Was it extremely crowded? Thanks again!

Archived