Capt Alan vs. Golden Eagle ?

Elizabeth K.

Has anyone done either or both of these for a snorkel trip? Capt Alan has better and more reviews on Trip Adviser but uses smaller power boats instead of catamarans. Golder Eagle looks like they go to the south coast and Capt Alan goes to the north. Am leaving for a land trip soon and trying to decide. Both companies cater to cruise ship passengers as well so hope it's a legit question for these boards:)

I highly recommend the Golden Eagle.

Since you're staying on the island go for their Friday Farewell (also on Tuesday).

It's an all-day around the island tour with snorkel, snacks, drinks, 3-course lunch at Calmos Cafe in Grand Case.

Best thing is that transportation from your hotel is provided -- no driving involved after your long day at sea.

gary

Photos here.

If snorkeling is important to you then I would suggest the Golden Eagle Eco tour on Tuesdays since that is the only one that says it goes to Creole Rock for snorkeling which is the best place on the island that I have ever snorkeled at.

The Tuesday Golden Eagle only takes 28 and I believe it stops at Creole Rock, 'conditions permitting'.

gary

I didn't see that on their website and since St Martin has really let me down from the snorkeling point of view I figured that since the OP is going to be on a land vacation that they can be more picky and have more options open to them compared to visiting by cruise ship.

Here's the website:

http://www.sailingsxm.com/

Archived